Sign in to follow this  
Guest DanWalloch

TO Mike Stone, regaurding your 1900D

Guest DanWalloch

I just noticed this, you have your Nav and Strobe lights mixed up on your 1900D, you've got the Nav lights on the winglets and the strobes on the wing tip. On a real 1900D, the navs on the wing tip and the strobe is on the winglet. I know this because I work ramp @ MKE for Skyway, The Midwest Express Connection. Is there anychance that you'll fix this slight error.

Guest John_Hirsch

You have an eye for detail, Dan, so here is a fix for the lighting error. Use your favorite text editor and replace the section in the B1900d aircraft.cfg file with the following://Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=Landinglight.0 = 2, -2.64, -24.93, 1.76, fx_strobe ,light.1 = 2, -2.64, 24.93, 1.76, fx_strobe ,light.2 = 3, -31.23, 0.00, 9.58, fx_navwhi ,light.3 = 3, -0.71, -24.45, 1.06, fx_navred ,light.4 = 3, -0.71, 24.45, 1.06, fx_navgre ,light.5 = 1, -26.83, 0.00, 10.11, fx_beacon ,light.6 = 1, -6.83, 0.00, -1.58, fx_beacon ,light.7 = 4, 12.12, 0.00, 3.32, fx_vclight ,light.8 = 5, 19.00, 0.00, -1.50, fx_landing ,light.9 = 5, 1.80, -8.50, -0.30, fx_landing ,light.10= 5, 1.80, 8.50, -0.30, fx_landing,Of course, you must use brackets in place of the <> symbols.You will now have the correct wing tip strobe and colored nav lights as well as three landing lights.Enjoy!

Guest DanWalloch

Thanks for your help.

Guest John_Hirsch

I'm not too sure about this one, Dan, but is there a nose wheel landing light on the B1900d? Mike put one there so I gave it some light.

Dan,Correctomundo. Is that a word?Sorry I didn't reply to your initial post, but my son had 5 ball games in the past week, so I've been on the run a lot. We had a lot of games rained out early in the season and so now they're all piling up on us.Anyway, the fix posted by John does the trick. I'll post it in an update shortly.John,Thanks for your help in providing the fix. The assistance is much appreciated. As to the landing light on the nose gear. Yes, it is attached to the front gear and shines through an opening in the landing gear door. I'm confused though, as I did put a landing light there in the model, so there shouldn't be any need to add it. Are you not seeing it?Mike Stone

Guest John_Hirsch

Mike, the landing light in the model (.mdl file) gives a different illumination than the light provided by the fx_landing light effect file. The nose gear light that was added simply provides a glowing blob similar to those of the colored nav lights.

Guest DanWalloch

No prob Mike....it's cool to see that you responded though. If you need any help with other 1900D things, just let me know.....I've got access to the real things. Well, on the ground atleast.