Sign in to follow this  
Guest mia

IMPORTANT: Someone have Solutions for these Problems???

Guest mia

HI AT ALL!!I don

Guest RAR_Fan

Santiago,Regarding question #1, I think you want to select APP from the MCP prior to localizer intercept, (your pic looks like you wern't using FMC to conduct the approach) and make sure both navs are dialed into the localizer before intercept.Question 2, I can't tell, but doesn't look bad, can't read the winds but if you run into some wind shear, this plane is going to take a second to catch-up. Question 3, did you look at your throttle quadrant, and verify the spoiler handle was in the "arm" position? You could always try which should arm your speed brakes.Cheers!Gerry

Guest mia

>Santiago,>>Regarding question #1, I think you want to select APP from the>MCP prior to localizer intercept, (your pic looks like you>wern't using FMC to conduct the approach) and make sure both>navs are dialed into the localizer before intercept.Yes I verified all of these parametres, I flew the 600/700 and when I activate the second autopilot the "Single CH" automaticaly turn of.>Question 2, I can't tell, but doesn't look bad, can't read the>winds but if you run into some wind shear, this plane is going>to take a second to catch-up. In this situation the plane was making an approach without winds.And also I notice that the aircraft start the descend before intercept the glide slope... Something that in the 600/700 panel didn

Guest shaunly

Santiago,In looking at the attached JPGs, I did have a couple of questions for you regarding your autoland.1. Was your altimeter correctly set? I have noticed before that if I forget to set the altimeter, the aircraft will still autoland correctly, which you see with the VASI, but the glideslope indications can be off.2. Was your FMC set correctly? I noticed there are no V-speeds indicated in your PFD. It could be that the aicraft was not able to fly the ILS as precisely because it was unaware of the appropriate V-speeds.I'm definately no expert, but just some thoughts. Best of luck figuring it out. My personal experience has been that the -800 is capable of nailing the ILS all the way to the runway with and without wind contributing.

Guest RAR_Fan

Yes I think Shaun is correct, I forgot to ask you if you had setup the APP page in the FMS, to set your landing flaps. That would get you the flap speeds, and VREF to display in the PFD?Gerry

Guest mia

Thanx for your answers:In that pictures I wasn

Guest glenlee

Hi Santiago,I'm not sure I can help but I have a couple of ideas...First, as mentioned in previous posts, you need to have an idea what your final approach speed 'should' be. I can't tell becuase I've no idea what you're weight is at that time but if you were too fast on the approach, the computer 'may' be allowing for a large flare at the bottom to lose some speed.I know you don't have to use the FMC to fly the 737 but as there are no charts for landing speeds available (with the product) it's the best way to make sure, and then at least set the Vref bug manually.As a rough idea, 140 is good for a 130,000lb aircaft. Do you have pax and cargo loaded? If not you may need to be much slower. If you set the FMC up with the basic weight it will give you the red bricks to work down too.As for the autopilot land mode......{(I'm sure you know but I'll go over the basics) First you engage the loc and capture the localiser to direct you towards the runway (before you need to descend). When turned on to the rwy heading you press the app button, the app light will light up until you capture the glide slope, the A/C will start to descend and the app light will go out.}BASICS OVER......You said you had tuned both nav 1&2 to the ILS frq which is right, the CMD green caption on the PFD will change to 'single channel' and you can engage the second autopilot.THE 'SINGLE CHANNEL' CAPTION WILL REMAIN LIT until the flight computer has done a safety/confidence check. (glide slope dots flash on and off in yellow and then change back to normal)Only then will the caption change to dual mode/land 3 (or whatever it is!!!)Final point... Don't rely on FS9s vasi/papi indicators, they're not calibrated very often, microsoft can't afford the maintenance staff!!Let us know if this helps or not, maybe post some screens with the fmc setup and weights/land speed shown.Glen Lee

Guest mia

>Hi Santiago,>>I'm not sure I can help but I have a couple of ideas...>>First, as mentioned in previous posts, you need to have an>idea what your final approach speed 'should' be. I can't tell>becuase I've no idea what you're weight is at that time but if>you were too fast on the approach, the computer 'may' be>allowing for a large flare at the bottom to lose some speed.>>I know you don't have to use the FMC to fly the 737 but as>there are no charts for landing speeds available (with the>product) it's the best way to make sure, and then at least set>the Vref bug manually.>>As a rough idea, 140 is good for a 130,000lb aircaft. Do you>have pax and cargo loaded? If not you may need to be much>slower. If you set the FMC up with the basic weight it will>give you the red bricks to work down too.>>As for the autopilot land mode...>...{(I'm sure you know but I'll go over the basics) First you>engage the loc and capture the localiser to direct you towards>the runway (before you need to descend). When turned on to the>rwy heading you press the app button, the app light will light>up until you capture the glide slope, the A/C will start to>descend and the app light will go out.}BASICS OVER...>...You said you had tuned both nav 1&2 to the ILS frq which is>right, the CMD green caption on the PFD will change to 'single>channel' and you can engage the second autopilot.>THE 'SINGLE CHANNEL' CAPTION WILL REMAIN LIT until the flight>computer has done a safety/confidence check. (glide slope dots>flash on and off in yellow and then change back to normal)>Only then will the caption change to dual mode/land 3 (or>whatever it is!!!)>>>Final point... Don't rely on FS9s vasi/papi indicators,>they're not calibrated very often, microsoft can't afford the>maintenance staff!!>>Let us know if this helps or not, maybe post some screens with>the fmc setup and weights/land speed shown.>>Glen LeeThank you very much for your helpfull hints, Now I will try a complete flight with FMC and I will post the pictures here...Thank you one more time...PD.- Why I couldn

Santiago - Confidence test is done by 800 ft RA if I'm not mistaken.The spoiler engagement was changed between the 600/700 and the 800/900. Best way to check if spoilers are up is to check the spoiler lever (as in real life).The lateral deviation (more deviation the longer between the waypoints) is a glitch in the great circle computations that was rectified in the 800/900 series.Hope it helps,

Guest shaunly

Santiago,Here's my autoland routine, and it has worked everytime since I purchased the 600/700 and 800/900 (may not be technically correct for an actual NG, but hey I'm not type-rated).1. Fully program FMC prior to departure, and adjust landing runway when advised by ATC - Utilize the DEP/ARR button and then adjust the LEGS page as route discontinuities will appear if you change from what was initially programmed.2. Set landing speed and flap in FMC via the INIT/REF page. Just click the corresponding button on the right-hand side of the FMC as it should display different landing flap configurations and the associated Vref speeds.3. Tune both NAV radios to the ILS freq during descent and set the course on the MCP. If you programmed the FMC correctly, the INIT/REF page you were just at should have the ILS freq and course information display on the lower left side of the screen.4. Descend/Fly the aircraft to a point where I will intercept the localizer while still below the glideslope.5. Turn to intercept the localizer so that my interception angle is not greater than 30 degrees. Example, ILS course is 090, I will either fly heading 060 or 120 to intercept.6. When established on a heading that will intercept the localizer, but still about 5-7 miles from actually intercepting I will arm the APP mode on the MCP panel.7. After the autopilot has successfully captured the localizer (and hopefully before intercepting the glideslope) I arm the second autopilot (CMD :(.I haven't really been discussing what I do outside of the autoflight system, but typically I aim to intercept the localizer somewhere 10-15 miles from the runway. At localizer intercept I will be flying 180 kts and have the autothrottle in SPD mode to maintain it (I deploy appropriate flap settings all along all of this). Typically, once I have intercepted the localizer I will set the autothrottle SPD mode to hold Vref + 5kts, again your Vref speed should be displayed on the INIT/REF page of the FMC, or (if FMC programmed correctly) directly on the speed tape of your PFD. I deploy my remaining flaps and landing gear as appropriate as my speed decreases from 180kts to Vref+5.That is it, sit back and monitor the autoland.As far as your spoilers go, I seem to remember something either in the forum or in one of the updates mentioning that after the 800/900 you have to manually arm the speedbrakes by pulling up the throttle panel and then you click-hold on the speedbrake lever and move your mouse down slightly, in other words no more Shift-/. You will see the lever move into the armed position. Then on the MAIN 2D-panel (NOT THE ZOOM) you should see a green indication mid-panel that the speedbrakes are armed. If you do not see that indicator then they are not armed.With the speedbrake armed as described above they will deploy with the application of reverse thrust. Then you press the "/" key twice to stow the speedbrakes after landing.As for your indication of lateral deviation on large routes, can you please define large? I flew the -800 from KSFO to KBOS and did an autoland at KBOS just fine, and while it isn't anything international that is still one long flight. No lateral deviation whatsoever the entire flight. Done similar length flights in the -800 from PANC to KORD/KSFO and no problems there either.I know it doesn't exactly mean anything to say that "it works for me", so overall I would just suggest that you double-check that you have all the appropriate updates installed and that you did so in the correct order (I don't recall this off-hand, but a forums search should yield the information easily). Hopefully something I babbled about above is useful! Best of luck! :)

Guest mia

OK, this was my Flight:Full FMC, Look at the pictures...Some Ideas??Santiago...

Guest glenb

Santiago,The altitude tape looks like it is at 14,000 feet. What airport are you landing at?The pictures show that you never level off to intercept the GS. The approach plates/charts have an altitude that you intercept the GS. Fly level below the GS and let the AP intercept and take you to the runway.Hope this helps.

Guest mia

>>Santiago,>>The altitude tape looks like it is at 14,000 feet. What>airport are you landing at?>>The pictures show that you never level off to intercept the>GS. The approach plates/charts have an altitude that you>intercept the GS. Fly level below the GS and let the AP>intercept and take you to the runway.>>Hope this helps.>>HI Glen...This was an instant replay, for that reason it couldn

Guest hlm65

You were too a little fast (looking at the last pic). I also noticed that you set a BARO DA of 218' (I assume you should have set landing altitude + 200 ft approxiamtely or per the approach plate).

Guest garf25

I think you are asking a little much out of the sim.Landing at 14000 feet is a challenge in itself, the sim probably isn't complex enough to autoland at that level, I may be wrong though!!The air is so thin up there you would definately want flap full, and a speed that gives a very slight nose up attitude for landing - the autopilot may cope with that.Try practising your autoland at sea level and sea what happens, if its the same you know you can rule the above scenario out.Good luck!!