Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

rick sasala's lear 45 and missing gps

Just installed Sasala's lear. Love the flight dynamics, but I can't access my standard fs gps, as well as the pop up panel with the flaps/spoilers. Did anyone else have this problem? IFR is really impossible without being able to follow a flight plan visually.Hope someone has some ideas.Thanks,Spruce

Did you download Version #1? If so I believe I left that out of the panel .cfg by accident and uploaded a fix that was on the same page as the Version 1 download. If all else fails, download Version 2 and just replace the panel folder...Rick

Now that's what I call quick service. Thanks Rick.Got your download from the Bear's top 10, nice work. Just so you know, the fix is not included in that specific link.Take Care,Spruce

Yes, well done, Rick! And I should know how much work Rick put into this aircraft!Version 2 comes with the standard GPS and Ike Slack's Honeywell GPS, tailored to fit, as an option. That's your panel.Version 2 has been uploaded to Avsim as Cathay Pacific (real), British Airways (fictional), Private Livery (US and UK). Bare metal textures are available for the last which look awesome - although it's debatable whether Bombardier would let one leave the factory without paint!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Dark:The GPS is really "Dark". I just downloaded Ver 2 (Cathay Pacific), and installed the whole aircraft in the "Aircraft Folder". A black screen pops up when the GPS is selected. Any ideas as to what is going on?Keith

Hi KeithJust to check, I just downloaded the aircraft afresh from Avsim, installed and tested. No problems.In case it was just a temporary blip, try the process again, after rebooting your computer and starting FS2002 anew.If it's still missing ... does your GPS appear with other aircraft? If not, possibly your default gauge file is missing or corrupted.In any case, I highly recommend fitting the Honeywell GPS - included with the aircraft - the process for which you'll find described in the README files. It's not difficult to mount, and it adds more realism and makes the panel much tidier to use.Let me know how you get on. Hope you crack it.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. For anyone reading this who uses FS Meteo Weather Display, I have configured my own personal panel to have this as a third option in the EICAS screen area (the others being the EICAS itself and the Honeywell GPS). If you would like me to email you this cfg file, rather than trying to work it out yourself, just shout.http://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Just fixed my GPS by placing the Honeywell GPS gauges in the GAUGES folder then modifying the "panel.cfg" as suggested in the documentation with the Honeywell GPS. I did this in the standard Lear 45 as well as the downloaded ver 2 Cathay Pacific.On a second note, is there a more "realistic-looking" panel for the Lear 45 instead of the "graphics" variety. I think the Falcon 50 and the newly-released T-38 aircraft with "fantastic panels" have really spoiled me. Just Curious!Keith