Sign in to follow this  
chiswick72

D Check

Guest Robin.B

Yup, the Pogo Stick is hidden there ;)

Guest Soulman

Taken from the caption:'Approximately 70,000 man hours goes into a D check on a 747'Makes you wonder how many hours Robert and the entire team at PMDG have put into their 747...

Guest neeraj.pendse

Yeah I was thinking about the 70,000 man hours as well ... let's say it takes 1 month to complete a D check, it will need over 400 people working ont he plane !!?!! At a rate of $25 per hour (assuming a very conservative sum for wages + overheads), it will cost almost $2M to do this !!?!! That's a lot of money for a D-check on a 747 :-erks

This is why we sold ours....Lefteris was too cheap to pay the guys $25 an hour for our D check.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest RAR_Fan

Dear RSR,Don't want to sound like a broken record, but you goin'a be there this year?Gerry

Guest Callmecapt

A "D" check for a Qantas 747-400 at YSSY costs roughly $AUD6Mill to do.Just a bit of trivia.RegardsGoran

Guest LO006

I bet the worst thing to hear would be "Yea the check went alright but we lost a few screws so there's no overhead. Sorry about that." :-D

Guest neeraj.pendse

>A "D" check for a Qantas 747-400 at YSSY costs roughly>$AUD6Mill to do.>Just a bit of trivia.>Regards>GoranWow that's US$4.5M! Captain Randazzo, now I do believe you are trying to get the 747 out as fast as you can ... you do not want to keep it in your hangar for too long or she will come up for another D-check. :-wave Me, on the other hand will be happy to do the D-check myself. Will only take me, hm, 12 years if I worked 16 hour days with no holidays or weekends. :-jumpy Can't wait to get started!

Guest SteveK

>Dear RSR,>>Don't want to sound like a broken record, but you goin'a be>there this year?>>GerryGerry,Not to answer this post for Robert, but I do believe that he will be. Unfortunately with myself living in the UK, I will not be able to see him crossing the finish line in 1'st place! :-jumpyRegards,

Guest Robin.B

>>A "D" check for a Qantas 747-400 at YSSY costs roughly>>$AUD6Mill to do.>>Just a bit of trivia.>>Regards>>Goran>>>Wow that's US$4.5M! Captain Randazzo, now I do believe you are>trying to get the 747 out as fast as you can ... you do not>want to keep it in your hangar for too long or she will come>up for another D-check. :-wave >>Me, on the other hand will be happy to do the D-check myself.>Will only take me, hm, 12 years if I worked 16 hour days with>no holidays or weekends. :-jumpy Can't wait to get started!WHOA! Why don't they just buy another 744 and scrap the one that needs to be D-Checked? :(

Guest neeraj.pendse

>WHOA! Why don't they just buy another 744 and scrap the one>that needs to be D-Checked? :(Good point. But making a new one costs almost $200M, so I think it will be a while till we see "use and throw " 747s :-)- Neeraj

Guest Callmecapt

Maaaan, if they made use and throw 74's, I'll gladly offer a couple hundred bucks for one.Convert it to a house and move in.One can dream.If I could be like Travolta.Raises the question, you think JT will be buying the PMDG 747? Or even if he flies on Vatsim?One has to wonder.RegardsGoran