Sign in to follow this  
JETSET843D

Hong Kongs Kai Tak Scenery

While i wait for the 747-400 to arrive on stand i have decided to train initially out of Kai Tak! A stupid decision maybe, but the approaches will sure as heck test my flying abilities!I was searching through FS2004 and found Kai Tak is still there as Hong Kong Old Airport!I was just wondering if anyone out there can recommend some really good, high detail scenery for the airport and surrounding area?Kind RegardsJamie

Guest aarskringspier

I have Aerosofts Hong Kong 2004. Its about as good as your going to find; re-creates the checker board approach fairly nicely as well as adding all the buildings in downtown. Its not the greatest thing Ive ever seen but it sure beats default.

Guest Moviedirector20

I remember seeing some promo video for some scenery for Kai Tak, it was like Dragon something...my memory is fuzzy sorry!

Guest Buck Bolduc

>While i wait for the 747-400 to arrive on stand i have>decided to train initially out of Kai Tak! A stupid decision>maybe, but the approaches will sure as heck test my flying>abilities!>>I was searching through FS2004 and found Kai Tak is still>there as Hong Kong Old Airport!>>I was just wondering if anyone out there can recommend some>really good, high detail scenery for the airport and>surrounding area?>>Kind Regards>>Jamie>Jamie, dont know how good it is but check it out.http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/viewAProduct.php?pid=169It's supposed to work with FS9?Best

Guest aarskringspier

thats what i have guess its not aerosoft

Guest Buck Bolduc

>thats what i have guess its not aerosoftI had another site but I lost it.This other one was from an outfit in Newton, MA.I'll try and find it.Best

Guest aarskringspier

OK thats the one I have LOL crap I cant remember it has typhoon willie and some other scenerios.

Guest lespindo

Hi Jamie !! Irealy recommend you the hong kong 2004 kay takIt's wonderful! If you can do the checkerdboard approach with the Queen you are a 747-400 pilot..... Ihave been Flying to kay tak now for 2 years. I fly the pss 747-400 in fs 2002 I also fly the NG,levelD And A340 in fs 2004.. Luis..Miami,Fl.

Guest Timothy Brown

all i use is a checkerboard i got from simviation and an AFCAD. works awesome for me.

Hmmm... sounds good to me. All I want is a working IGS, the required radio beacons and that silly checkerboard thing ;-)Could you pleaaaase post links to both?Thanks,Holger.

Guest Timothy Brown

if you search roger mole on AVSIM you should get them.

The scenery by Roger Mole I got from Simaviation is a frame rate killer and brings my AMD 64 3800 + X850XT combo down to single digits on approach - without AI traffic! Unbelievable and totally unflyable. Are there any other freeware attempts as this available anywhere else than Avsim?

Also, for variety, add Princess Juliana airport (TNCM) on St. Maarten to your repertoir. It has a relatively short runway but 747s land there every day. Withouth any ILS to rely on it is great place to test your stick/rudder skills. Michael J.