Sign in to follow this  
Guest neeraj.pendse

So what bandwidth will you be downloading at?

Guest neeraj.pendse

In the spirit of those entertaining "are we there yet?" posts, here's my contribution:What bandwidth will you be using to download your queen? People with bigger pipes will win, I guess. I myself will be downloading at 3 Mb/s, unless I have already moved to my new house by that time ... then I will be 0 Mb/s for a few days.- Neeraj

Me an me cousin Glem hooked up the old tracter to me system. Glem says we should git ni on 60 gigawatts more power fer downloaden. Best as I an Glem kin sifer, yer takin' INSTANT transfer a da queen! Give er takes a second er two!Murray

Guest aarskringspier

Its not going to matter what you download at; all that matters is what the server can push at one time. 3mbps isnt anything if all thats available due to traffic is 512k.

Guest Buck Bolduc

I usually get 100 -120Kbs. The manual DRate was 450-475, pretty good, of course when everyone starts DLoading the 747?Hopefully PMDG got a big pipe and a few Dual Core Opteron servers.Best

Guest Daniel Pimentel

3Mbps Cable here. :)Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest neeraj.pendse

>Its not going to matter what you download at; all that>matters is what the server can push at one time. 3mbps isnt>anything if all thats available due to traffic is 512k.True. But within the push bandwidth of the servers, it is entirely possible for one connection to get "more fractional allocation" than another, and this will depend upon how fast my PC sucks thru the pipe ...Anyway, like I said, the thread is for entertainment purposes. :-)

5 Mbit cable here, but it'll depend on the traffic.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest aarskringspier

>>Its not going to matter what you download at; all that>>matters is what the server can push at one time. 3mbps isnt>>anything if all thats available due to traffic is 512k.>>True. But within the push bandwidth of the servers, it is>entirely possible for one connection to get "more fractional>allocation" than another, and this will depend upon how fast>my PC sucks thru the pipe ...>>Anyway, like I said, the thread is for entertainment purposes.>:-)LOL Ok.

I have 12 mbit, but I know I won't be getting those speeds. My guess, it will be around 50-100k when I'll be downloading it, because simply of everyone downloading it.

Guest brettdonahue

I have a 2.2MB that usually works like a 1/2 MB but if the plane comes down as fast as the paints I will be happy. (Grabbed the paints right when they were released and I was getting about 150Kb. Guessing on the rate that the upload numbers were increasing, I would say I was sharing with about 30 other people . SO perhaps that was only 30MB pumping out of the PMDG servers. Not so bad...

Guest georg

2 mbit here, but if they are not using some extremely expensive datacenter, then it might happen that the amount of downloaders will slow down the pipe. Although I don't think the speed will get too slow as everyone will not be downloading it together and forever? :) The faster buyers with faster connections will get the file quickly and hopefully the load will be well balanced.

Patience is a virtue.We have waited this long another couple of days patience will stop and help prevent disconnections.After all, you won't want the server to breakdown at this stage eh?LOLDave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest McFly

I don't know if PMDG uses mirrors but now is the time to start thinking about it. The manual came down at about 500+kbs but the 4 paints I got this morning started at about 80kbs and dwindeled rapidly to about 13.Terry