Sign in to follow this  
Guest andyquiggers

737-600/700 sound!

Guest andyquiggers

Hi guys, I'm sorry to irritate everyone amidst the hype of the upcoming 747 release (which I am admittedly looking forward to), but I do get very very annoyed when flying the 737-6 or 737-7.The plane itself is top notch - I wouldn

Guest brettdonahue

I will take a stab at this... Since it is almost impossible to hear the sound in this forum I am going to guess it is the recirc fan for the climate control. On the overhead panel look towards the upper right hand corner, you should see the fan switches there, try to turn them off and see if the sound stops. I too agree that the noise can get somewhat bothersome but after 30 to 40 hours of time in the bird you will get used to it. (The 2d cockpit is the only view that you hear the fan)Hope this helps. Bretthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Sounds more like the auto -trim to me - is it more of a rattling sound rather than clicking ?

Guest Hawkeyeted

Actually, I think it is the Altimeter indicator he is hearing. There are a set of "fingers" that vibrate inside the altitude indicators that send electrical impulses to the transponder so that it can squawk Mode-C (Alitiude Encoding). It's an actual sound that you will here in the cockpit that has a altitude encoding transpoder/altimeter setup. However, I don't know why you don't hear it in the V.C. My guess is it just isn't modelled that way? DUnno.....If it was the trim wheel, he wouldn't always hear it, and the recirc fan doesn't really "click".

Guest andyquiggers

Thanks guys I'll look into your suggestions.

Guest Hawkeyeted

Andy,You can enable the cockpit sounds in the VC by going to the FS menu bar labeled "PMDG">"Styles">"Sound" page, and ticking the "allow sounds to play in external and VC views".That should get the sounds you are hearing in the 2D cockpit to play inteh VC.