Sign in to follow this  
Wagz

Any fix for FS2K2 ATC mixing up CATHAY and CHINA SOUTHE

Sometimes, ATC will call my plane CATHAY and when I reply, it would say CHINA SOUTHERN... anyone have a fix?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It is true, I have my Cathay AI traffic answered to ATC with voice callsign of China Southern while the text callsign is still displaying CATHAY.Bryan

there is a fix for this...do a search for EDIT VOICE PACK or something like that on avsim... not only did it fix the bugs but it adds another 100 airlines to the list WOOHOO i got it and it works great it allows you to make new airline callsigns as well as ATC centers and airport names by editing the existing voice clips....it sounded far off to me until I tried it and it is AWESOME.

I've actually heard at least one of the ATC voices call Chataqua (A regional carrier in the US that operates regional flights for US Air Express and other airlines) Cathay as well. I beleive the time in question was when I was listening to an AI Chataqua flight I added a long time ago. The AI pilot used the callsign Chataqua, but the controller said Cathay. Odd phenomenon.Joe Wagner