Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Entering flightplans into the FMC?

I know I saw another post on this but I do not think it ever got answered.In the manual it states that the FMC does not have the ability to display a list of all Flightplans but that there are a list of 350 flights that are stored in a PMDG created folder that we can call up by typing in what appears to be the flight name. Are these flights stored in any proprietary manner or does it go to say that we can load flightplans but just not pick from a list. Will I be able to creat a flightplan in FSBuild, call it KEWREGLL for example and then type KEWREGLL into COROUTE and have it load all of the flighplan info or do we only get to choose from the 350 you have loaded?Thanks for the clarification, I was not sure after reading,-PaulPS. I just finished the entire manual, I am good to go but is there also going to be a tutorial flight included? I love a good tutorial flight to get me started...Self BuiltLiquid CooledAMD 64 3400+2 Gigs Kingston HyperX DDR4006800GTRaid-0 Dual SATA Maxtor 120 Gig Hd'sDual Samsung 997 DF monitors

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Anyone have an answer on entering flightplans? I saw another post where the tutorial flight was addressed...Thanks in advance, have a great Monday,-PSelf BuiltLiquid CooledAMD 64 3400+2 Gigs Kingston HyperX DDR4006800GTRaid-0 Dual SATA Maxtor 120 Gig Hd'sDual Samsung 997 DF monitors

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I think it will be the PMDG 747 co route files.. (i don't know how they are saved... possibly the ones from the 737 could work.. but i can't say.. :) )As for the tutorial flight i seem to remeber Capt. Randazzo said he would write one after the release of the 747 :) Luca

Guest McFly

I asked this question a day or two ago. Not that we won't find out shortly when it's released but just a concern that PMDG will have a more advanced flight plan format that the popular navigation programs will have to build an interface for. . . or will the present .rte extension be continued? Terry

Guest zip

It's been the case that any new FP format usually finds its way into Ernie Alston's support forum for FSBuild (at least, it was this way with the Level-D, ATR and the like).This case appears to be no different and the answer from the horse's mouth is: (drumroll please) the format is the same as with the 737!http://www.fsbuild.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118Etienne

Beauty,Thanks for the response..,Hats off to Ernie and the PMDG team. So we can now infer that it will pretty much work like the LVL-D where you can not look up your flightplans through the FMC but all you need is the name of the flightplan and it can call up the rest...Beautiful, One more thing to be excited about in addition to the cutrrent list of 13,010 other things...-PaulSelf BuiltLiquid CooledAMD 64 3400+2 Gigs Kingston HyperX DDR4006800GTRaid-0 Dual SATA Maxtor 120 Gig Hd'sDual Samsung 997 DF monitors

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

FSBuild is OK, but creating a route between VHHH and RJAA becoming an 11,000 mile around the world the opposite way journey isn't great ... I just wish fs nav supported NATs, great circle routes, and the ability to open the program outside of the game.

Guest SIX

Did he just say "game?"Subscript:Joking....yes, opening fsnav outside of the sim would be great!Wilson HinesUAL014United Virtual AirlinesBoard of Directorshttp://www.virtual-united.com --------------------------------------Proficiencies: PSS 747,777, A32x, CS 727,PMDG 737-X, LevelD 767---------------------------------------FS2002|ActiveSky|FSRealTime|FSBuild2|FSNav|Jep SimCharts2|ACLoaderhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.ldsflyingclub.com/lsd1.jpg