Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

Yoke or Not to Yoke...

I want to get a yoke, but I don't have much money to spend. What cheap yoke do you all suggest?

None. Don't mean to sound harsh, but imnsho, the ch yoke is the best for the money, about $150 US. I think there is one out there for $30 or $40, but it is a toy. ;) Ron from behind the Cheddar Curtain ;)

Guest SoarPics

Yep, CH USB yoke is the pick.Hey Ron, are you having problems with the FS Free For All Forum? I can't access it. :-grr

Oh yeah. It went down sometime yesterday. I can get to it, but I get a page-full of errors. I sure hope they get it up soon. ;) Ron from behind the Cheddar Curtain. ;)

Guest SoarPics
I get the same thing. Thanks for the confirmation.Regards,

Guest JonP01

I have to agree with what the others have said. You don't mention what you consider to be cheap, but personally I wouldn't buy anything less than a Ch Products Yoke. I think anything cheaper is false economy. Having gone through quite a few cheaper controllers over the last three years, I've come to the conclusion that paying once for something three times as expensive can end up saving you tenfold later. Of course if you get the yoke, you are going to need pedals as well, and that is where it really can't be considered cheap anymore. So I guess to answer your question specifically, I can't recommend anything! Nearly all the cheap stuff wears out relatively quickly and you just end replacing it on a semi-regular basis.

I give 5 of 5 to CH Yoke. Once you fly it, you will enjoy a realistic feeling of piloting than the joystick. Once you fly it, you will also find yourself in the urgent need for a CH padel. A combination of CH yoke and Padel is a must for a true control of aircraft. I have a CH yoke alone for only 3 months before i bought the CH padel. Think twice if you are budget buyer. You will end up in buying two things.Tips: I bought my first CH Yoke USB as second hand for USD$75 from eBay. I thought it was a good buy until i bought a brand new CH padel USB for USD$130. THere is not many USB padel on eBay, so i got to buy the brand now.

One word of warning, the clamping clips for the yoke do NOT work well if you happen to have a computer desk with a keyboard tray. They do not tighten up far enough to work. Additionally, since it is fairly large, and takes up a lot more space then you might think (depth wise), make sure you have a decent monitor, as you WILL be sitting further back now.Apart from that, the CH Yoke USB seems to be the way to go for the poor folks like us. The better stuff, is $500+ per piece.Be careful, there are many places selling the CH Yoke USB LE for exactly the same price (half the buttons, one throttle)...Ray

Guest paulri

HI Ray,Just a suggestion. I have the same yoke, and attach it via a keyboard shelf. What I did was get two of those paint "stirsticks" like you find at a paint store, stack them one on top of the other, then slip them under the yoke as I tighten down the clamps. Holds it rock solid, no "yoyo" effect!! :-)Regards,Paul

Guest flightpro08

Just to echo what everyone else has said, diffenitly go for the CH Products USB Yoke. It's an investment that will really add to your flight simulation enjoyment. Also, when you get enough cash, I would also recommend the CH Products USB foot pedals. These two products work great together.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolTaxiwaysigns.com