Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

Between altitude constraints

Hi,Is it not possible to enter between constraints in the B744?

Guest rellehenk

It is RamonIf constraint is to cross the waypoint at aspecific barometric altitude, enter thealtitude only. If constraint is to cross at orabove altitude, enter

You could save yourself a lot of writing in your reply as that last sentence was enough for me already. :(

Guest Robin.B

So much for trying to lose weight...J/k :-lol

Ofcourse you can...And such constraints will be treated properly : if a soft constraint is entered (e.g. 3000A or 12000B 10000A) the computed vertical path will not be affected by it, **if** the restriction is already satisfied. Else the soft constraint will internally be treated as a "hard" constraint.Note : you can NOT enter speed constraints only. You can also NOT enter Mach type speed constraints (blame Honeywell :)).What a question..pffffBest,Vangelis======================================= E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=======================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Guest rellehenk

Just a copy and paste :( ;)>What a question..pffffI think it was a good question because it isn't mentioned in your manual :)

And my pleasure to answer it !Best,VangelisPS. Have faith...===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

THere is another thing which I'm not understand.Why can't we enter only a speed restriction? For example: At EDDF when you fly the NOMBO2L SID you have a speed restriction of 220 until passing RID VOR but there is not Altitude constraint. How do we do that?

Guest neil_b

>THere is another thing which I'm not understand.>Why can't we enter only a speed restriction? For example: At>EDDF when you fly the NOMBO2L SID you have a speed restriction>of 220 until passing RID VOR but there is not Altitude>constraint. How do we do that?I'd stick 220 in the MCP and go into SPD.

Herr Docktor already said why, Honeywell did not allow spd only without the ALT attached unlike the 737s..So do what the RL drivers do in those situations ;-)[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

And that would be?So, it's realy through that the real B744 doesn't allow only SPD restrictions?