Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

744 Manual & Assumed Temps

Are there any plans to release a manual that states what assumed temperatures to use for different runway lengths and weights?I know that RW airlines use individual customised tables for each runway at each airport, but LDS managed to knock together a very good generic table for their 767. Was wondering if PMDG will do the same, as it becomes very difficult without one to know just how much derated thrust you can get away with.I also now about the program tomaflex. However, it hasn't been updated dince December and still doesn't have support for the LDS 767 that has been out for a while now.Any info on this subject will be appreciated.-Phil

Guest Wobun

Hi,I'd just like to second the above, a generic table along the lines of the LDS document would really finish off what is obviously going to be a great add-on.Stu

Guest glenlee

I'd like to third this request please.I always use the derate by assumed temperature method when flying the 737 (rather than the vague -5/-15 buttons) and the only safe way I know of to do that is to use the runway length available.Obviously an indiviual chart for each airport we are all going to fly out of would be ideal (!!!!!!!) but as that is not practical then a generic table would be nice.Any input from those that decide, please?Glen Lee

If one of the professionals would be able to explain the principals of such a list and data needed, we maybe can make it ourself for all the airport rwys we like to fly often.B. RgdsMichel

>If one of the professionals would be able to explain the>principals of such a list and data needed, The theory behind it is relatively simply, one could even make such list through empirical testing but the amount of time needed would be prohibitive. Sooner or later some 747 pilot will step forward and provide such a table. Theory: find out the engine de-rate such that for the given takeoff weight the given runway length will equal the balanced field length. What is balanced field? .. more theory (also there are some links on the internet explaining this).Michael J.

Hi guys. I have recently spoken via email to Mr. Olivier Steinberg. In case you don't know him, he's the man who developed a freeware excel based takeoff derate calculator for the aerowinx 747-400. I have not seen it in action since I don't have that aircraft in my hanger, but I can tell you from the looks of it that it outperforms Tomaflex greatly. You should all download and see what I mean. In my exchanges with Mr. Steinberg he revealed to me that he'll probably be updating his program to make the calculaitons based on the PMDG Queen. If he should get it to work properly what we'll have is something even better than the LDS tables for the 767 (comparatively speaking of course). In fact, if he gets the calculator to work according to the PMDG thrust logic and N1 parameters etc etc, we'll be almost as good as having the real world takeoff analysis charts!Check it out in this link to the thread where I first heard of this program. BTW thanks for the great tip to whoever ofund it (sorry can't recall your name! ;)http://mapage.noos.fr/b744-PS13/LPC_v22.rarRegards,Victorhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Yep I know the program. It is very close to the performance programs pilots of major airlines has on their laptops these days.I'm just wondering if there still need to be a "manual" checking by one of the pilots, using the paper performance charts, or that the laptop check is anove to confirm the dispatch and FMC figuresB. rgdsMichel

Guest BravoOne

With us at SQ Brussel, we still use the paper-performance charts although crew has access to electronic data.Kind regardsNick

Guest garylaw

Hi there....sorry as I cant get into the website by your link provided.....can you send the program to me my email?Thanks indeed...Regards,Gary

I'm also having trouble with the link you provided, would be nice if you ( or someone else who have this program) could send it to my mail or give another download link.Thanks!

Marius S

Guest bjornhall

FWIW, all the information required to make such generic calculations (using both derates and the assumed temperature method) is in the real world flight planning and performance manual (covering some 60 pages of tables and diagrams). So in principle it's readily available; I have it right here...There might be some copyright issues to deal with though, not sure how to solve that... PMDG apperently managed to solve that somehow in including what info is already in the PMDG manual, so perhaps they could release the additional info required as well? I'd upload the Boeing manual I have here in a heartbeat, but with big, bold 'copyright' signs all over it that might not be such a great idea...Best, - Bj

That link's a little old. Might not work. I'll email you guys. But befoe this becomes a "can I please have it too? mail me at johndoe@ilovepmdg.com" sort of thread I'll kindly ask that people start a chain-letter sort of thing where one helps the next. Or else I'll have to quit my job because I'mm be so nusy sending it to the PMDG community.BTW the airline I'm familiar with uses only paper analysis TO charts. No laptop in the flightdeck!EDIT: Guys, I need your emails...Best Regards,Victor Limahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest garylaw

Mates: My email is tc_law@hotmail.comMates who need the software should post your email here...so that if one got the software, he can send to others...Thanks!Regards,Gary Law

Guest alexhn

hnarakis@bigpond.net.auIf anyone could send me over a copy it would be very appreciated, thanks :)