Sign in to follow this  
dseagrav

How about an Airbus after the 747 ships?

Those of us who are Airbus fans would just LOVE to have an A32x/A330 done on PMDG style... We haven't had a decent Airbus since FS2002. If Anticyclone could do one years ago, I don't see why PMDG couldn't do one today!We're a market begging for a product! All you have to do is fill the hole! You can't ask for much more! :(

Guest Callum McLoughlin

Meh, give a a decent 777 any day!

Guest Knikolaes

I like both for variation, since both types fly in entirely differtent ways. PSS makes killer Airbuses, but I'd admit I would love to see what PMDG could do with one :-) That would bloody rock.Then again I'd also love to see what they could do with a 757.hen again . . . I'd love even more for them to rest up after the 747. I think that's going to keep a lot of us busy for a VERY long time. **smiles**

Guest Hawkeyeted

>Those of us who are Airbus fans would just LOVE to have an>A32x/A330 done on PMDG style... We haven't had a decent Airbus>since FS2002. If Anticyclone could do one years ago, I don't>see why PMDG couldn't do one today!>>We're a market begging for a product! All you have to do is>fill the hole! You can't ask for much more! :(>That has been asked a bunch of times here on the forum. However, I think since PSS has done a decent job of producing A319/A320/A321/A330/A340 addons for FS9, PMDG has declined.Personally, I'm a Boeing fan anyway and don't enjoy the Buses like I do Boeing. Airbus is just too automated for me. I'm not stumping for PSS, but if you are interested in Airbus, check out their website at http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/

How about we await the Queen... Install it.. Learn to fly it.. then make 90 around the World turns.. then lets join this forum to brag about the MD11 for a couple of weeks.. then Install the MD.. learn to fly it.. NOW, you can ask bout a 'bus ;)But I totally agree.. we are in desperate need of a good Airbus!

Guest Robin.B

I think they deserve a year of vacation before even laying anymore hands on the MD-11, let alone another product ;)

Guest gulyas_laszlo

I think that would be great. The problem with PSS is that only the panel good but the model not too good. And finally, IMO airbuses not too automated. The automations are for safety.Laszlo GulyasBudapest (LHBP), Hungaryhttp://levendula.bolt.hu/signature_a320.gif

Guest Matthew Murray

Give me a bus :DPSS hasn't even scatched the surface of an Airbus. Matthew Murray

Guest Lenny Zaman

PMDG has allready said that they will not do an airbus because they lack the information needed to produce a version up to their extreme high standards...but i'd love to see one ;)... ahhh... have to settle for the Level-D A320 at my school i guess Cheers

Guest Knikolaes

Actually I thought PSS did a killer job on the bus -- minus the "light" floating characteristics of the 330/340 - -having to take her to stall speeds to get her to land after flare LOL.But compare their quality with a certain 380 I won't mention and I'd say they are leading in the bus field. Personally i can't wait to see if PSS decides to do their own 380.As for PMDG -- well -- this 747 will be keeping me busy for at least the next year.

Oh come on, it may be for safety but the airbus is totally automated. Just look at the "side stick" you really think they designed the plane to be flown by a pilot? Anyway, from what I understand, there are certain flight characteristics that Flight Sim cannot handle, such as decreasing speed does not decrease altitude.

Guest james320

In my job I'm lucky enough to get to fly full-motion sims almost every day, and over the years that has included all Boeings from 727 thru 777 and all Airbuses A300 thru A340.The Airbus has its own kind of charm (and it's fun to learn something different) but it's so easy to fly and so lacking in involvement that it soon becomes deadly dull. On the other hand, you really have to fly a Boeing, it's always terrific fun and you can be justly proud of landing it well. When I'm occasionally able to get a bit of time on my own in the sim, if it's a Boeing I'll jump at the chance, but if its an Airbus I'd rather go have a cup of tea!Flying the full-motion sims makes you realise what an excellent job PMDG and Level-D have done in accurately re-creating the feel of flying 'the real thing'. However, the PSS A320 and A330/A340 is in my opinion a hopeless simulation.So, although I understand that PMDG would only model an Airbus if they were given access to the data required to model it properly, with several excellent Boeing add-ons now available, there is a real gap in the market for a decent Airbus add-on.

All good points. Some of us fly real aircraft here and even though we fly small Cessnas and Pipers we still get something out of say a 747 simulation since basic principles/laws of flight carry from 172 to 747. On the other hand I would never be interested in playing with an Airbus simulator - it is simply too remote from what I am used to. Also I don't get the point why people keep posting things like that. PMDG made a pretty definite statement in this regard. Asking 99 times is not going to make them change their minds.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest jacaru

I dont get the point of the people saying boeing is the real thing and airbus is all automatic. First of all both aircrafts are very automated and the tiny difference in automation between Airbus and Boeing does not make boing being the real thing. With an airbus you can go as manual as with a boeing (or at least as far as FS can make you percieve). Both aircrafts have very complex systems which offer a lot to discover and enjoy. Both aircrafts are interesting enough to diserve an "as better as possible" simulation. It cant only be reduced to "one is better than the other". People seem to confuse subjective interests with objective statements.So in my opinion there is a real gap for a top notch airbus simulation.

Guest RobertK

>So in my opinion there is a real gap for a top notch airbus>simulation.I concur.What PSS has done is a good simulation of the Airbus, but it is far from a systems simulation on the level of a PMDG, Level-D or Dreamfleet product.That isn't to belittle PSS, I enjoy their product and they certainly achieved what they wanted to achieve with it (and showed what they can achieve if they want to do a systems simulation with the Concorde).However, I am left to wonder what groups like PMDG, Level-D or Dreamfleet could do with an Airbus. And I am most certainly left to wonder why none of these developers bothers with one. That PSS already made one simply doesn't explain it.I accept the decision of PMDG not to make one, that's their right, I just don't understand that decision. :)Regards,Robert