Sign in to follow this  
chiswick72

Oh my!!!!

Guest AJ

Okay. I'll bite. Where did this come fomr and what happened?Andrew

Guest costone

Speaking of the Depends post... :-lolA true William Shatner moment there!

Guest AJ

>Thats from a Air Tran A320 :)>>Cheers>StianReally? When did Air Tran start flying Airbuses? I thought they were all MD-80s and 717s.Andrew

Guest zip

I'd say something I can repeat in this forum :)

Hi Stian,You're right its a scarebus, apologies to the 73!:)Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest FattyBear

>>Thats from a Air Tran A320 :)>>>>Cheers>>Stian>>>Really? When did Air Tran start flying Airbuses? I thought>they were all MD-80s and 717s.>>AndrewIt was code share thing...or something I can't remember but the crews were from another airline.

Guest Timothy Brown

craft and crew leased to airtran from ryan intl.

Guest Hawkeyeted

Maintenance Joe to Maintenance Jack:Joe: "Hey Jack, did you get the engine cowling latches?"Jack: "I thought you said you got 'em Joe!"

Guest AJ

Getting back to the main point, what the bleep happened? It looks like something tried to bite it off. Was he dogfighting with a pterodactyl? Andrew

Guest costone

Bird strike from ####....:-boom

Guest AJ

>Bird strike from ####....:-boomI think Bill Engval (Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again) put it best... "I don't want to see the bird that can take the door off an airplane. I thought they were extinct!"Andrew

Guest skykid

Here is another shot:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/123789.jpgIt seems you can no longer access the NTSB report, but here's supposedly what happened:On July 13, 2004, about 1200 eastern daylight time, an Airbus Industrie A320-233, N951LF, operated by Ryan International Airlines, Inc., as AirTran Airways Flight 4, returned for landing after a portion of the left engine cowling separated from the airplane.According to the captain, immediately after takeoff, the lead flight attendant called to inform him that a passenger reported seeing a cover come off the left engine. The captain received no cockpit indications of a problem, and the captain instructed the lead flight attendant to look out the window and verify. The captain stated he felt the airplane "shutter," and he contacted air traffic control and requested to return for landing. The lead flight attendant confirmed to the captain the left engine cowling was missing. The captain stated the No. 1 engine oil quantity indicator illuminated amber, and he declared an emergency. The engine continued to operate normally, and the flight returned for landing without further incident. Preliminary examination of the airplane revealed both sides of the left engine cowling were separated, the left engine pylon was bent up, aft, and inboard; and the left wing slat outboard of the engine nacelle displayed an approximate 12-inch area with dent and puncture damage. The Union City Police Department retrieved the inboard side of the left engine cowling from a dirt roadway approximately 7.5 nautical miles west southwest of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Airport authorities found the outboard side of the left engine cowling in the grass beside runway 27R.If anyone has any official reports please post it as I'd like to see it again.TomKORDwww.eskyworld.com