Sign in to follow this  
KP

PMDG 747-400 vs FS Passengers

HiAfter reading the PMDG manual,I encounter with a big QUESTION.Can we use FS Passenger and PMDG 747-400 together or not.The problem will arise when we start this program,FS passenger needs to boarding passenger and fuel and we know that we should not using third party programs for refueling and boarding passengers.I'm sure that all flyers who have FS passengers program have the same question.Please Answer My question...PMDG Team are always the best.Thank you for the great work.Keyhan Panahi

Hi Keyhan,Direct from the FsP forum:All,Before anyone starts asking questions when the Queen is released, I would like to quote the follwing from Captain Rob at PMDG: "Paul- You can have Dan contact us if he'd like some help understanding how he can interact with our airplanes.... We'd be glad to help out once things calm down a bit. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX email deleted for privacy I would ask that you follow up your post by telling others in the forum that we have expressed an interest in helping dan ensure compatibility with our products... RSR"So as you can see, the folks at PMDG are more than willing to look into compatibility for us and happy to work with Dan. They are busy right now andDan is busy right now, but it will all come together, just be patient..."-PaulSelf BuiltLiquid CooledAMD 64 3400+2 Gigs Kingston HyperX DDR4006800GTRaid-0 Dual SATA Maxtor 120 Gig Hd'sDual Samsung 997 DF :monitors

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Keyhan-(Paul- I'm overriding your reply here....)I've received contact from a couple of FSPassengers users with simiar questions. This is in fact answered in the manuals.We state quite clearly that we do not support the user of any third part loading application with the PMDG 747-400.This is due to two factors:1) We completely lock you out of the FS fuel system in order to accurately simulate the vast complexity of the 747-400 fuel system. An explanation is contained in the manual.2) We use a realistic method for determining the aerodynamic center of the airplane that provides a more consistant result that the variable location method used (incorrectly) by MSFS. As a result, we find the airplane is better modeled but is incompatible with programs such as FSPassengers that use the traditional MSFS methods.I suggested to on FSPassengers user that he have Dan get in touch with us if he needed information about making his software compatible with our aircraft. Dan's reply was to send us information on how to make the 747-400 compatible with his software.There is little chance that we will modify the airplane on his behalf.Undoubtedly some of you will try to use a non-qualified addon to modify the aircraft config for your PMDG 747-400.... Please ensure you have a backup copy handly- because we know what is going to happen... (cough)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest jacaru

I hope that just because nobody wants to do the required changes we users have to suffer this incompatibility. Although I could be wrong my assumption is that Dan thinks that it may be simpler to do the required changes on the aircraft that on his software (737 for example only requires a small change in the cfg that is done by the software automatically and they work beautifully together). Maybe he is wrong.In any case I hope you both carry on discussions to solve the incompatibility if it is possible. Please dont just settle it as that. The community is users & developers working together.Looking forward to what the 747 might end being ;)

Sorry Rob, I guess I should have made the point you made PRIOR to saying what I did. Sorry about that...I don't think Dan has ever ever said that he thinks it is easier to make a change to PMDG than to FsP.In fact, I think he has numerous ideas right now including disabling writing to the .ini file in FsP and just using the payload info from PMDG. He has a few thoughts on the matter and I do not think we should speak for him ;)The point I was trying to make is that both developers are willing to have open dialog and that is all we can ask for :)-PaulSelf BuiltLiquid CooledAMD 64 3400+2 Gigs Kingston HyperX DDR4006800GTRaid-0 Dual SATA Maxtor 120 Gig Hd'sDual Samsung 997 DF monitors

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Folks,I'm a beta tester of FsPassengers and this is what I can tell you.Feel free to fuel your Queen as you wish using the given tool provided by PMDG, outside FS fueling menu. That's not a problem at all regarding FsPassengers flights because, when fueling is done, THEN you'll start a FsPassengers flight and in its payload dialog window, DO NOT touch the fuel slider and everything will be fine. This way, FsPassengers won't modify in any way your fuel amount.Best,

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

Hi SebastienWhat about payload.We have to boarding peoples that are waiting!!!Thank YouKeyhan Panahi

Very cool!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Jeno Forizs

Hello,What if you start the whole flight, set FsPassangers, load the aircraft and AFTER it you use PDMG load manager to modify the actual load? Its not a too nice solution, but it may work.Bye,Jeno

Dear LefterisYou can sure that I'll never prefer FS passengers load manager instead PMDG load manager and also I can easily forget any programs like FS Passengers,But I hope that you guys find a way to using PMDG 747-400 and FS Passenger together.All of us know that the FS Passengers can give us a kind of responsibility that no other programs can do that!Any way I'm too sad because of loosing FS Passengers,and too happy because of earning PMDG 747-200 after two long years.Finally I ask you professional guys that find a way to .....PMDG team are always the BESTThank you againKeyhan Panahi