Sign in to follow this  
chiswick72

2nd Off topic and last (for today)

Hmm,This is off topic again but very interesting for you UK Nav junkies!This guy has gone to many of the VORs in the United Kingdom and taken pictures of them all ! I was wondering where they were!http://www.trevord.com/navaids/:)Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest Hawkeyeted

Gosh the English are strange........ :-badteeth

Guest AJ

>Hmm,>>This is off topic again but very interesting for you UK Nav>junkies!>>This guy has gone to many of the VORs in the United Kingdom>and taken pictures of them all ! >>I was wondering where they were!>>http://www.trevord.com/navaids/>>:)>>>Armen at EGLL>www.veryquiet.comI take it he got really bored while waiting on PMDG to release the Queen of the Skies. He could have at least done it from the air, and racked up some logbook time. Wierd!Andrew

Guest davie_g

Im sure the airspace around London is Class D so unless he is an airline piot i doubt the CAA would grant him permission to fly in there to take pictures of the VORSBut you never knowDave

Guest georg

Well, interesting pictures anyways. I fly over those VORs in VATSIM all the time, but never seen them on the ground, the landscape around them etc. Never been to UK either! :)

Guest ahmedem

Whatever floats your boat I suppose. I prefer the view of them from the ND on the cockpit of a 747-400 to be honest, but hey maybe that's just me.

Guest glenlee

Thanks for that link Ahmed, I followed it and just read how they all work, and I'm sad to say that I found it very interesting.I know how they appear in my cockpit but now I also know what they look like on the ground!!If ever the aircraft equipment fails I could always look out of the window for a big round thing with lots of orange boxes on top!!!Glen

Well i live in Woodley (the WOD NDB), always wondered where it was thanks lol. I see alot of planes turning east to Heathrow when the 09's are in use.