Sign in to follow this  
TRAVAIR

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies Release Date Followup

Guest easyJakeeer

I wasn't expecting my reply to be taken so eratically - whoever edited it obviously took it far too seriously and would just like to let them know to calm down. I may have some light shed now with vigorous use of the refresh button! Cheers, Jack.

Guest DLM9000

I think PMDG did everything right on this release.1. They posted the manuals in advance to help with customer expectation, reduce the amount of immediated trouble calls, reduce release day bandwidth, and to create excitement.2. They released the liveries early so people could get what they wanted in advance, to reduce release day bandwidth, and of course, to create excitement.3. They released earlier than expected relative to the recent tips from the company. (sneaky)4. They released at night, which probably reduced the intial server barrage, and just made it fun.When you can create a product that is anticipated by so many, that steps to control bandwidth on release day pale in the towering shadow of the oncoming customers, then you have truly suceeded as a product developer. (Remember, this is the second time they have done this. Most of us are repeat customers.)I will patiently wait, and read the manual.Please, some of you who have it, post a couple of screenshots in the Screenshot forum.I have a feeling, a lot of people will be out of work today.Dennis

Congrats RSR and team. Thank you for such a wonderful aircraft (even though I'm not able to buy it - yet)....:D

Guest kb0iic

Oh man, I like the picture on the PMDG site with the 747 breaking through! I hope that didn't damage the fuselage.I'm gonna have to wait to buy this aircraft. Apparently there are 5000 people at once getting it. So everyone make way for me this evening! Muahahaha!

Guest yylie1

OMG! At US$50 over dollars this is the not only the most anticipated software ever released for flight sim but also the most expensive ever as well!That is over RM$200! I do not think that you are going to get any customers from Malaysia.But congrats on the release still!Regards,Melissa

Wait till ya try to validate it. I still can't get it validated to install........ HELP!!Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Oh.... i cant download it..... why??? i need it!!!!! oh please!!!!!Thax PMDG..the joke about the release date was very original!!!Bye all...

Guest Boaz

Hey guys!!! Stop purchasing so I can get the mother!! :-)Lovez it, that you released so soon and as a surprise!!Boaz...

Guest samrec

well I have seen some other add-ons based un subscriptions at 55.00 for 6 months.This one you can run it for life and will sure give you more pleasure than that other one.Given the sheer complexity of the model itself and the amount of details and extra apps that comes with it I will say that" Yes, it is probably a little too high for some but be assured that it is worth every single penny you pay for it.cheers

Guest samrec

Congratulations goes to the whole PMDG team on this much anticipated release. :-beerchugGreat work guys! You a deserve a nice rest!-----Now that u are rested, go back to work on that 747F and MD-11. :D :Dcheers

Guest BruceRob

She was worth waiting for :)Many thanks, PMDG!!:-wave Bruce