Sign in to follow this  
Guest NGdriver

PMDG 744 alt. hold \ VNAV crz oscillations.

Guest AJ

>Had a friend seeing this issue and it was because he was>trying to climb to an altitude that was too high for the plane>at that weight/fuel load. What kind of flight are you seeing>this on?>>The real 747 has to step climb on a long flight where the>plane is heavy - don't take off with a full load expecting to>zoom up to FL410.>>If you look at the FMC CRZ page, it shows you an optimal>altitude based on current gross weight. Don't try to climb>above that altitude - climb to it or slightly below it and the>plane will tell you when it's time to step climb up another>2000 feet.Very good point. When this occurs does the plane perform normally when flying manually?Andrew

Yeah, it doesn't happen all the time. I wish I could come up with a reproducible case for it - there's a good chance that the GS capture was my own fault for setting the FMC wrong or something, but I'm not sure why it didn't start screaming about terrain and sink rate or something, much less callouts.I'm incredibly pleased with the plane otherwise, these are just minor annoyances that I can get around by just grabbing the yoke myself.-stefan