Sign in to follow this  
Guest Laikim Liklik Susu

PMDG 747 CTD [:(]

Guest Laikim Liklik Susu

I bought the new PMDG 747, and am generally very happy with it - whilst I am able to fly it that is!Usually within 5 minutes from loading the 747, FS9 goes CTD - no error reporting, no restart, just 'Flight simulator has encountered a problem and needs to close".This is in a VERY bare bones FS9 installation - NO ADD ON'S whatsoever except this aircraft - EVERYTHING else is default.I usually get to winthin 300ft on final after a quick circuit, or 5 minutes on climb when bang - close down.I have emailed PMDG, but don't anticipate a response for a while. ANY help appreciated here guys!I have 2 installations of FS9 - one on C drive (bare bones), one on D - the one I use the most, with several hundred add-ons etc etc.I installed the 747 to the default C folder.HELP! (especially after that price tag shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Guest Tim

what are your system specs?

Guest Mirage

Most probable cause, is the pmdgoptions.dll, found in the modules folder. Andysignature.jpg

Guest Boaz

Is is wise to have two FS9s installed??Each time the program is written into the registration.The PMDG B744 when installed self searches for a placement for FS9 and could be confused, even though you can direct it to another place...I have a feeling this could be the root of some problems.I have many add ons installed and yes they can F*** up FS9, but with maintenance it is very pleasing and possible to have add ons, I would recommend that you use only one FS9...Some have reported problems with the PMDG B744 but all those problems, like none working EICAS, corrected them selves after a reinstall...Hope this helps...Boaz...

Almost 10 hours flying her without any CTD.As Boaz said, try to reinstall the product after a clean uninstall

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Laikim Liklik Susu

I have uninstalled 3 times and reinstalled - all same! Now, it seems to take around 40 seconds before it closes FS9.My system specs are:AMD 2600+ AthlonGigabyte K7 Triton board, with VIAAlbatron GeForce 6800GT running at 6800 Ultra specs1 GB RAMLOTS of free HDD spaceI have TRIED even to copy the 747 folder, and tried new panels etc, but same end result (although all animations stop :) )Can you give me more info about the options dll?????I want this to work SO badly!!!!!

Guest Laikim Liklik Susu

Yep, this seems to be the case - I removed the DLL (saved to a temp folder) and get the same CTD when it's not there (although instantly when trying to load the aircraft)Reinstalling it restores functionality, but same CTD after a short whiole of flying.It is going to be a royal pain in the you know where to unistall the extra copy of FS9!!!!!!

Guest Laikim Liklik Susu

...and also, now, sometimes, it will not load the flight beyond loading 77% (during weather loading)HELP!

Guest Boaz

Have you turned off stuff in the 3D graphics area of the Display setting?I use DXT3 textures for clouds and liveries, and I turned this option off which I of course forgot the name of... I did this to get higher fps...But this feature does not function with DXT3 textures, that is why FS9 crashed...If you go to your Settings, and choose Display before creating a PMDG flight.Look for the place where you can set AA and so on... Graphic card section...Look for what you have checked and unchecked and report back ;)Boaz...

Guest Laikim Liklik Susu

I uninstalled and reinstalled FS9, and uninstalled and reinstalled the PMDG 747.It now all owrks FANTASTICALLY, and I have done a 45 minute test flight so far without problem.It seems SOMETHING unknown in the FS9 installation was playing havok with it.I can HEARTILY endorse this product, but I CANNOT endorse the horrendous price tag (though it does not seem to be slowing people down!!!!!!!!!)

Guest Mirage

Uninstalling and reinstalling the FS9 is not an option...No way of uninstalling 45GB of years of work, just because the pmdgoptions.dll collide with something else... All I know is, my FS9 shows the problem warning after shut down, ONLY after the PMDG 747 installation and I know the problem lies with the new .dll. They have to fix it...Andysignature.jpg

Guest Laikim Liklik Susu

THAT I understand! Thankfully, as I said, my PMDG was installed on the C drive version of FS9, which is what I call "FS9 Lite" - all default stuff.The copy on D on the other hand takes 6 minutes to load from cold, has over 48 GB (15.5GB of aircraft alone!), and will NEVER BE REMOVED IN A MILLION YEARS!As an experiment, after I reinstalled FS9 on C drive, I tried an install of the PMDG to D drive's FS9 (the install program says you can change the default location), but guess what?! PMDG's installer installed it ALL on C drive REGARDLESS of me pointing it to D drive!Somehow, I think PMDG have over-invented the wheel with this one, and made trouble for themselves.I just hope that shocking price has not set a new benchmark for other payware releasers to aspire to. This release is NOT as good as the Level D 767, but close.

Guest Boaz

Listen... Loads of people CAN fly and have no problems...If this guys PMDG B744 works after reinstalling both, then FS9 was the issue...If you enter something new, and your setup is not good, then you will have problems.This guy here can fly it now, after reinstalling FS9, he had already tried to reinstall the 744... Ergo the problem lies with FS9...Boaz...

I've started getting CTD's also after this release. Before I've had a very stable FS environment, I can't remember the last time I had a CTD error in FS. The CTD problem I have though is not in flight! That works fine. Since installing the 744 my FS will crash on shutdown when using any non PMDG aircraft. When using the 744, FS shuts down normally. I know of a few posts over at flightsim.com that are reporting the same problem. This is a big issue, since CTD's at shutdown has the potential of corrupting FS since it's in the process of closing down all the open files, and doing housecleaning chores before exiting out of memory!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Mirage

Boaz, Because the pmdg.dll conflicts with something else(which obviously you don't have) in my FS9, (and as I read, plenty of other people's as well), this does not mean my FS9 is not healthy. :-) Andy signature.jpg