Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben_hewitt

PMDG Problems - Stuttering etc

Guest ben_hewitt

Hey guys I'm enjoying the 747 but I am very dissapointed with a few things mainly because of the price it is.Main problem is the awful stuttering on the ground while in 2D Panel, I'm getting decent FPS but really bad stutters that I get with no other aircraft. The 2D panels are also very jerky unlike the LDS 767 which is silk smooth in 2D mode, even with the panel FPS confid set to 25 they still jerk!. Anyway to fix this or anybody having the same problem?2nd problem FD logic, what the #### is going on here the flight directors won't stay still!, how can you follow the FD when it is giving you commands all over the place eg one second it is commanding 10 degrees up and the next second 20 then back to 5 or something. They seem very unstable compared (I know again) the LDS 767 which are very stable.3rd Problem where are the wing views or at least 2d side BMPS when you don't have the VC turned on, isnt this a standard for FS now?, they are missing and it kinda brings the realism right down when I don't want to use the VC because of performance issues.I have other issues such as I can't input winds in the FMC for some reason when the manual says you can and Climb Direct wont work either but they are smaller issues, I would rather the main issue of jerky 2D displays and bad FPS/Stuttering be fixed first!.

Guest Agamemnon

Ben Gonna bump this for you in hopes that you will recieve support from PMDG which is sopposed to #1 in this regard.;)Troy

Hello Ben ,have you tried to reinstall and install again.or and shut down FS and restart the PC again.I now i sounds stupid but to me it happens funy things ,too.I get my copy yesterday evening.Insalled startet and o what ......horrible FPS ( 4 - 10 ) and i tought what the heck....this Add One is unusable for me.Started FS again tried 2 Flights, same Thing,i gave upand go to bed. About 12 a clock at night.Than i diden`t sleep,had a lot off brain storming....Today i tried it again...........and #### superb Frames and smooth like cream.So what the #### was that yesterday........maybe the Devil??Just wont to say , don`t give up who nows.......cheerspilotpm

Guest pcartierkbdl

"Main problem is the awful stuttering on the ground while in 2D Panel, I'm getting decent FPS but really bad stutters that I get with no other aircraft"Bump, I get this to, my FPS are around 30 on the ground and it stillsstutters when taxing around, on take-off I stutter down the runway and after take-off it's smooth as silk, and my setting are not max out at all.BTW, I take-off from KBDL RWY 24Paul C.

Guest Stainless

While i don't have PMDG's 744, I do have their 737 (6,7,8+900). I used to get great frames in all views on this model (except VC -but that was expected). This is until one day (just after installing winxp SP2 or thereabouts :-hmmm) I boot up FS and go to fly the 737 to find that the FPS in the 2d panel has been crippled both on the ground, at cruise and really annoyingly on approach... I suppose what I'm saying is that I have the same problem just in a different PMDG aircraft :)

Have you tried the gauge framerate tuning options in the PMDG menu?

Guest ben_hewitt

Yes, changing it from minimum all the way to 25fps makes no difference at all with frame rates or stuttering for me!.On another note I just made a fresh installation of FS9 and the 744 and I am seeing better performance but still the stuttering problem!.

Couple things come to mind here (I never saw this whatsoever during testing):Could you post your system specs by the way?1. Make absolutely certain you have the latest driver for both your motherboard chipset and your video card.2. Delete your FS9.cfg and let the sim rebuild it.3. Run a defrag.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ben_hewitt

Hi Ryan completed all the above and did a full reinstall of FS9 and the 747 and I am still getting the stutters! My specs are P4 3.6HT, 1GB DDR RAM, 6800GT, I am getting good FPS but terrible stutters througout every flight especially while on the groung, I've tried every other plane I have and can't replicate the same problem in it...I did notice that my FPS are up and down like mad while using this aircraft, one minute they are 20 then jumping in the 50s then 10 then 40s, this doesnt happen in any other aircraft..it seems to be a bit unstable :s

I too have been experiencing strange stuttering.With the PMDG 737 and LD767 I'll get a solid 23FPS at PAE. When I load up the 747 I get jumps between 8,10 and 14.Very strange.My system:P4 2.531 GB RAMRadeon 9700 PROSoundBlaster Live/Dave

Guest phil316

I don't know a solution, I'm just posting to say this is happening to me also. The 2D view just KILLS my frame rate big style. I can fly in external views at about 22-24 fps. Then I switch to 2D view & I'm down to 4-6 fps, same in the VC too. I thought FS9 was screwed, so I swapped planes to the 737 - I got my usual frame rates so I dunno.... I uninstalled flight sim, I'm putting it back on at the moment so I'll let you know if it works. But I can certainly say I'm not enjoying the 'framerate friendly' 747 right at this present time. I'm a bit dissappointed I have to drag that virtual cabin around everywhere I go....I mean its cool to look at it once but there's no option to get rid of all those extra polygons :(I still have full confidence in PMDG tho :) lets be honest poor framerates is the fastest way to make anything you do on your pc unenjoyable so once this is fixed I get back into it properly :)