Sign in to follow this  
Guest soundphan

744 & Flight Keeper

Guest soundphan

First off I'd like to express my appreciation for this fine bird, the folks at PMDG have done a great job taking FS one BIG step forward in being truly "As real as it gets."My observation is this:I use Thomas Molitor's Flight Keeper application as a log book for all of my flights. I have it set to record all events, which was fine (performance wise) up until now. It seems that the 744 logic turns on/off the pitot heat 4 times per minute (off-on-off-on.) It also tunes the nav2 radio 16 times per minute! (it switches back and forth between VOR A and VOR :( I flew a flight from Bermuda to KBNA as my second test flight and had 3000+ events occur during the flight. It would have been closer to 6000 if half the flight wasn't out of VOR range. Since each event records a substantial write to a database in FlightKeeper, this not only causes a performance hit of FS but will also make the FlightKeeper database grow at incredible rates. Questions:Not to question PMDG's talent with code, why not tune nav1 & nav2 independently when needed as opposed to the method in place?Can I turn the Pitot heat off or on instead of this automatic on/off 4 times per minute?Any suggestions are appreciated! I can, admittedly, set Flight keeper to not record the nav radio events BUT I would lose a feature that does accurate flight mapping. Thanks again to the PMDG developers and beta testers for all the hard work!John Clark

Dear John-There are specific technical reasons behind the activity you noticed, but I won't go into too much detail about them.As for Flight Keeper, let me discuss things with Thomas, to see if he can't issue an update which might accomodate.Best,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Just to keep everyone updated - Thomas is including a fix to this problem in the upcoming update, so you can all be happy about it! :-)

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg