Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

PMDG B738 - rwy unknown

Guest franksalot

Here's an error I've never seen before, until today.I was setting up the FMC, in the POS INIT page I entered EGLL as the Dep. Airport, next up the RTE page; repeated EGLL from the scratch pad, immediatrly the following error appeared in the scratch pad = 'EGLL err:23 rwy unknown'. I recently installed the latest AIRAC data, also the Sids/Stars from the PMDG Website. That's all the info I can provide at the moment.A solution would be appreciated; although I was able continue programming the FMC and made a successful flight.KenSomerset, England

Ken,Rwy 05/23 is not used at EGLL and is probably not in the database. Instead you should choose either 27L or 27R for westerly departures or 09L / 09R for easterly.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest btclarke

Hi Ken,Although 05/23 is not used (according to the above post), you are receiving the error because somewhere in the EGLL procedures file a reference is made to a runway that hasn't been coded... I have received this error many times, and it arrives when the FMC loads the airport file, so if there is an error, you will get it every time...I am oversas at the moment (actually at the departures hall for my trip back to Dubai). I have the EGLL procedures which I can e-mail you, which will be late tomorrow, or alternately you could try www.navdata.at for a new EGLL file...CheersBryan

Guest flyer747

Hi Ken.Hi Had the same problem for Heathrow too.To Fix it go to the Navdata.com site and from there go the SID/STAR download section.Under the PMDG 737(will also work for 747-400) look in the stored airports list for EGLL,click on that and you will be at the screen with a list of different files.Use the Simon Butler file 2/11/05,download and save it.Then extract the file into your fltsim 9 folder PMDG/SID/STARS.I found that worked.Any problems message me back. Tony

Guest franksalot

Hi Tony,Yes, that did the trick, also the visit to navdata/Sids/Stars alerted me to Stored Airports List which I had not noticed before.Thank you for your help.Ken

Guest franksalot

Hello Bryan,Hope you had a safe trip to Dubai.The rwy error has been sorted, Tony gave me the full path via navdata, and that worked out fine.I am intrigued by the fact that you posted a reply whilst sitting in the Departure Lounge, amazing world we have now. Was the airport LHR?Take care,Ken