Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Now THIS is a home flight sim!!!!

Guest Heather 636

Although, if I had the money necessary to buy everything to build it, I'd save myself the trouble and buy an airplane instead.And if I had the know-how to put it together, I'd be working for NASA.Impressive none the less.

And I thought booting up FS2002, Roger Wilco, FS Meteo, Arrestor Cables, CH Control Manager, FS Sky World, Ocean textures,Enviro, FS Nav, FS Flightmax and multiplayer was hard work every time I fly. Imagine setting up that lot every time.Bet he doesn't let his little brother play Super Mario, either.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Hmmmm, it actually doesn't look that impressive. Yep, it's got a lot of screens, but look at all the mice and keyboards! At the very least you'd think he'd get himself a nice KVM switcher for all. If he had one of those (one capable of doing *all* the machines -- I've seen them for up to eight) THEN I'd be impressed (LOL).

Hate to have his electric bill also.

HeatherIts a poor attempt at getting peripheral views. Im afraid I was never impressed with multi screen setups and feel there is still a long way to go with peripheral views using one screen.On your second point of "if you had the money you would buy a real plane", where does that leave me as I fly 300 to 400 hrs per year and still mess around with flight sims ;-)Peter

Guest Heather 636

Oh, I'm right with you Peter. Even when I DID own an aiprplane, couldn't fly it all the time (open cockpit bipe), had the computer at home to play with. Besides, I can't own 200 airplanes, or change the paint job on them every time I turn around.Actually, I wouldn't want a system like that in the pic. Just TOO busy. When i have something going wrong here, it's hard enough sometimes finding the problem on ONE computer, let alone that many.Just thought it was an interesting pic. Talk about way too much time on your hands, I'm mild compared to this person.Cheers!Heather

Guest Heather 636

Now THAT is beautiful!!! The only way to improve it is make it a DC-3 panel. ;)Cheers!Heather

how does the owner explain it to his neighbors? :-)Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL