Sign in to follow this  
B42L8

ATC cancels you out??

Maybe some more experienced simmer can shed some light on this...flying the PMDG 1900D from Denver to Pueblo last night, ATC sent me considerably west and south, changing altitudes every few minutes, then after a long time heading further from KPUB, it says the ILS is terminated!! Leaving me over the mountains and resetting the GPS for Direct-To..........then trying to land on a non-ILS runway at night (I crashed)..........OK, is this a problem with the plane, my computer, computer settings, or what?? Sometimes in other scenarios ATC seems to send me in the wrong directions... Input would be greatly appreciated!!! RRL

Guest dt1951

Is this the FS ATC? If so, it doesn't surprise me a bit. The default FS ATC is a bit realism challenged (being a diplomatic). Or was this on Vatsim?

Guest Boaz

Ye get the same thing!If I miss a reply or do that "avoid contacting next controler" thing when flying long haul, I sometimes have to open the flightplan and delete all entries right up until my next waypoint... Freaking irretating :-)Boaz...

Guest lou ross

I would suggest buying Radar Contact for ATC. On the other hand, crashing on the approach or landing is your own abilities.louross.

Hi all,I never liked the ATC in FS2004. It gives too many changes in directions. For example, it would tell you to fly heading 270 and one or two seconds later, tell you to fly another heading, after turning to the original heading. Sometimes, it would be in the opposite direction from which you turned. When approaching the airport, it waits at the last minute before swithing you over to the tower to get landing clearance, and you're about a mile out. That's waaay too close. It's nowhere near the real world flying so I don't use it. Ken.

Look at the Radar Contact support forum here on AVSIM. Follow the link to download the manual for version 4 and browse it. It is a couple of hundred pages in .pdf format.You will see existing and new procedures and alogorithms for version 4 to be released about Dec. 1. In the manual explanations of how it vectors, user options preflight and in flight, etc., are well worth reading, all within the first seventy pages and the product functionality within the first few. In reference to your reply it explains the approach patterns it uses and why it seems to vector you farther away from the airport or next checkpoint (usually a missed checkpoint or crossing restriction) and what inflight action you can do to quickly correct it.Oh, it never cancels you but can nag and if you elect a flight critique at the end it can really scold you.In addition I have not had any problems following STARS and DPs (SIDS) loaded into the FMC by using RC's FLEXDP and NOTAMS options and including the DP/STAR in the flight plan. I use FS Build 2.21 to create the plans exporting to PMDG and FS, the latter for RC import.I have been using it (version 3.1) since FS2K2 and learned a lot with it.