Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

CONGRATULATIONS PMDG

Guest gremel

This post is to congratulate all the team members and beta testers who were involved in the planning, software development, beta testing and other essential elements that comprise this magnificent software add-on masterpiece.On Monday, November 07, 2005 I had the experience of a lifetime and was able to spend 2 hours in a real 737NG-700 flight simulator. What a fantastic time. I had a one hour pre-sim session with the check pilot prior to the two hours spent in the cockpit. I was fortunate to have this whole event video taped to review for my next session. It was truly an unbelievably & extremely realistic experience. I did 4 takeoffs and 4 manual landings and one abort prior to V1 which he programmed in at the very end of the two hour session. It was an engine failure prior to V1 and I aborted the takeoff with RTO engaged and full thrust reversers.......The scenery on a night landing is unbelievable. You can see the cars running along the highways and the buildings surrounding the airport, although I had my eyes fixated on the flight director throughout the landing sequence. I disconnected the AP at 1,000 feet and manually flew all 4 of them.The weather generation is unreal and the snow can litterlygive you vertigo as it blows across the rwy in a crosswind takeoff.It was the greatest feeling that I have experienced since I retired from a major corporation....There's even more pressure when you know your being videotaped...Like it's the real thing....The guy said the sim cost about 7 or was it 11 million to purchase....Can't remember since so many other things were happening. God, did the time fly..Wish I could put one up in the room above the garage...Maybe the price will come down sometime in the future...heh, heh.....Anyways, I just wanted to say that without the software designed and developed by the PMDG team, I would have never been able to accomplish the feat of taking off and landing without a helluva lot of luck. The check pilot told me while we were programming the FMC etc that I really knew my stuff. That ...stuff...would not have been possible without this remarkable product and the help from all of you on the forum. Thanks again everybody for making this event one of the more memorable in my life.Regards,noullet

Jack-this is partly why the satisfaction gained from developing such a product cannot be expressed only in dollars and cents, but also in the gratification received when a story like yours reaches our ears (or eyes). For me, personally, this is worth all the aggravation.Be well!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg