Sign in to follow this  
Guest otterpilit

B-737 800/900 FMS

Guest otterpilit

I am still having problems with the FMS on the 800/900 seires B-737 which also transfers over to the 600/700 series.When you click on the 7 8 9 keys you get 4 5 6 unless you click on the bottom of the key, nen it is ok. However when you click on the. 0 +/- key you get 7 8 9, and I have installed the update program that comes with the 800/900 series. Am I the only one having this problem.I would really appreciate any help I can get. Both the 600/700 and 800/900 series are great but this problem really detracts from full enjoyment of the simulation.Thanksken Hand

Ken,Have you tried to REMOVE the NG using the remover program on the PMDG web site and then clean INSTALL the NG? Have you done any alterations to the panel.cfg file? If I understand this correctly, and I do remember seeing someone with this problem way back when, this has something to do with the size of the graphic of the CDU (Control Display Unit) and the gauge for the same.Hope it helps,

Guest otterpilit

Yes I have done that, but NO HELP!I have completely uninstalled MSFS, and all PMDG add-ons, and started with a clean slate.I loaded the B-737 600/700 first as stated in the instructions, and then the 800/900 series with the update that came with the 800/900.I bought the 800/900 series in a box, and I downloaded the 600/700 series but I would not think this would make a difference.I have installed these programs on two different computers with the same results.I have installed the 800/900 by itself, and still the same problem.at this point I am confued.I do appreciate your help, I will try your suggestion again and see what happens.Thanks a million.Ken Hand

Ken,I'm sorry but I'm at a loss here.As you have a pretty specific setup with one D/L and one boxed version I would recommend you to contact support@precisionmanuals.com using a web based email address like yahoo or hotmail or similar.Hope it helps,

Guest otterpilit

Ok I will give that a shot.I have really not been able to get much help from anyone, You are the second with any advice at all.Thanks for the try I really do appreciate it.Ken hAND

Guest dickwu

You don't have to reinstall anything nor do anything to your system settingI had this problem before and I believe it is a "resolution issue"! (Are you using wide screen monitor? if yes, then it confirms my reckoning) Solution is very SIMPLE:"Stretch the FMC window as long as possible", here you go.Feeling tired to stretch the FMC window each time?Just follow my settingYou'll need to modify the panel.cfg, so back it up before doing it1. Open the following cfg files by notepadFor 2D,--> for 737-6/700, open AircraftPMDG737-700panelpanel.cfg--> for 737-8/900, open AircraftPMDG737-800panelpanel.cfgFor VC,--> for 737-6/700, open AircraftPMDG737-700panel.VCpanel.cfg --> for 737-8/900, open AircraftPMDG737-800panel.VCpanel.cfg2. You need edit two sections in the cfg file, search for {Window06} and {Window14} (for left and right FMC)3. Chanage the following in each sectionsize_mm=400,600 TO size_mm=400,7804. andgauge00=PMDG_737NG_Main!CDU, 0,0,400,600,R (L) TOgauge00=PMDG_737NG_Main!CDU, 0,0,400,780,R (L)That's!Hope it'll help (no, it must =D)Dick

Guest otterpilit

Thanks a million, the stetching worked, also recoding the cfg file worked.The fms turns out a bit bigger than I would like, however it works properly and that is what I needed.Thanks again for your helpKen Hand

Guest dickwu

If you don't like the stretched fmc, don't force yourself, we should change the computer, not us:D Now forget the change form 600 to 780also go to the same sections in the four files under : window_pos= 0.100, 0.100add a new line : window_size= 0.28, 0.7you can change or not change back the 780 to 600, it doesn't matter anymore, window_size actually change the "zooming" of a window, so instead of stretching the window, we "zoom" itfeeling better? enjoy the small fmc ;) p.s. play around with the numbers if you're not satisfied, but that's all the settings you need to solve this problem