Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

a few Question

Hi,Very simple questions regarding the update.Is it VREF30+100 or +80 for the minimum clean speed after takeoff?? (in the real thing)600KGs of fuel for the APU each houre....Isn't that to much?Is it not like this: If you switch of a FD, but the A/P is engaged, the FD bars disappear but the ROLL/PITCH modes remain?

Guest aarskringspier

>Hi,>>Very simple questions regarding the update.>Is it VREF30+100 or +80 for the minimum clean speed after>takeoff?? (in the real thing)>>600KGs of fuel for the APU each houre....Isn't that to much?>>Is it not like this: If you switch of a FD, but the A/P is>engaged, the FD bars disappear but the ROLL/PITCH modes>remain?I dont think they would have changed the APU fuel burn if it werent to make it more realistic.

I guess that's true but then the VREF question and FD question needs to be answered. :)

>Is it VREF30+100 or +80 for the minimum clean speed after>takeoff?? (in the real thing)To our knowledge and after some research only Polar Air Cargo has custom variable clean speed values (VREF+100 above 309 tons or 680000 lbs and VREF+80 below this weight value). There might be a few other but the vast majority of 747-400 operators just use the VREF+80 value for all weights.>600KGs of fuel for the APU each houre....Isn't that to much?No. The 747-400 APU is a true monster.>Is it not like this: If you switch of a FD, but the A/P is>engaged, the FD bars disappear but the ROLL/PITCH modes>remain?Yes. The AP will continue to steer the plane. Only the FMA (on respective) side will be blank. Incidentally pressing TOGA forces the FD's on.Best,Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Thanks Mr. Vaos.But wat if a crew needs to be remain at the parking bay for an extra houre due a slot restriction or bad weather at destination airport, then the APU will use approx 1200kgs of fuel before you even get started and I did see it once I was spotting planes in EDDF. ( the crew started already with it's lunch since they needed to wait another houre with doors closed and passengers already onboard) Will this not cause a FUEL INBALANCE???If you watch the ITVV video, VS19, y'll see that John Cullom (second F/O) is explaing how the MCP works, at some point he turns of the F/D and all FMA modes still remain displayed....so, are you sure that the FMA modes should dissapear???Thanks,

Dear Ramon,(a) Don't call me Mr :)(:( Fine you'll get an imbalance in that particular case. So what ? You balance it back by several different ways.© Where do you think we get our info from ? I do not know about the second F/O in the DVD but I do know that the "first" CAptain that may well be flying that specific plane for that specific company (in the DVD) even as we speak is part of our advisory team.Best,Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Ok, all my question are answered now.And thanks for the support E.M Vaos....I leave the Mr. out this time :(