Sign in to follow this  
HH

FS2004 crashes

I have a very annoying problem at the moment. Some here are already debating out of memory issues. I found a bad DIMM module myself and have replaced it. I don't get an out of memory problem anymore. Still my FS2004 crashes sporadically. What happens is that my screen just goes black. After a little while my computer reboots and during the boot I get the audio warning from the motherboard stating: "System failed VGA test". The only way I can get rid of my black screen is by shutting down completely. Rebooting does not solve the problem.My config is:Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI DeluxeCPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+RAM: 4 x 512MB DDR400GFX: Galaxy GeForce 6800GT (PCI-E)PSU: Chill Innovation CP-510A (510W PSU)HD1: Western Digital WD2500SD 250GB SATAHD2: Maxtor DiamondMax +9 160GB ATAHD3: Maxtor DX740X-S 80GB ATAFS2004 is running from its own partition on the SATA drive. The partition is at 130GB. At the moment I'm in the process of reinstalling FS2004 piece by piece and have only used 13,5GB.I have ruled out problems with the memory through THOROUGH testing. My next guess would be an issue with my graphics card, but it cuts through stress testing with both 3DMark03 and 3DMark05 like butter. I don't see it as a cooling problem either as I'm using good coolers in my Lian Li PC-6070 Plus cabinet that comes with a CPU fan duct, 3 fans and a blower set. The cabinet is made of aluminium.I use the 81.85 nVidia driver for the graphics card and the 6.66 nForce4 chipset driver.I am at loss. Can anyone here help me with this problem? Has anyone else experienced the same? I miss my longer flights. Since I began getting this problem I rarely even dare starting the advanced sims like the 747 as so much preparation is wasted if my PC crash within the the first 15-30 mins.By the way. These crashes come, as I said earlier, quite sporadically. It can happen efter 15-20 mins. It can happen 2 seconds before touch down. It's frustrating. It's like seeing the cookies on the other side of the window at the local bakery, and you just can't get to them.

Hakim, What Power Supply Unit are you using? I had a similar problem with a 480W PSU with an 18A 12V Rail that was not enough. I am now running an Antec TruePower550 with 23A on the 12V Rail with no problem. The newer good PSU's now have dual 12V rails, look for one that has at least 10A + 15A. With all the fans and the video card you are running you will need a 500W PSU minimum.Ray

>Hakim,>> What Power Supply Unit are you using? I had a similar>problem with a 480W PSU with an 18A 12V Rail that was not>enough. I am now running an Antec TruePower550 with 23A on the>12V Rail with no problem. The newer good PSU's now have dual>12V rails, look for one that has at least 10A + 15A. With all>the fans and the video card you are running you will need a>500W PSU minimum.>>RayHehe ok, you missed this in my post above.PSU: Chill Innovation CP-510A (510W PSU)Power shouldn't be an issue either.