Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Wing Views for the 747 with Walk & Follow

Hi,Downloaded the demo of W&F but I'm not quite sure how to set up the wing views. Are there any W&F-users around who could explain how to set them up?TIA,

Richard Åsberg

it'pretty simple actually. Press " / " to get the outside view, then walk through the plane until you find a good position by the wing. Also use the " + " and " - " on the numberpad, it should help a litlle.Hope this helpsAndrew

Thanks Andrew, I actually found out how to define the preset views using the built-in help.Is there some way to make a shortcut to the preset views or do you have to first go to the 'outside' view using '/'? Reason I ask is I would like to assign the wing views to a button on my CH yoke and I'm not sure if that's possible when you first have to go to 'outside' view and then come back to 'inside' view again after releasing the button. Guess I'll have to study some CH macros...:-)

Richard Åsberg

To my own knowledge, i THINK this is the only way. But i could be wrong. I will check it out and if i come up with anything i will let you know.RegardsAndrew

Hi Andrew,Actually it was easier than I thought thanks to the great CH software. There are two fields for defining key combinations, one for what will happen when you press the button and one what will happen when you release the button. So...I just programmed the key sequence '/ ALT SHIFT ' in the field for what will happen when I press that button on my CH yoke and then simply '/' in the release field - problem solved :-)Haven't decided if I will buy the product though since I still hope PMDG will provide wing views in an update considering the number of persons who want it but at least I know now that it's possible to get nice wing views with W & F.Thanks anyway for your attention to my problem Andrew!

Richard Åsberg

Hi Andrew,Another question on the WF product, are you able to use it the same way you do with Active Camera where can walk about both the virtual cockpit and also the cabin?Tried it but the graphics looks very strange and "blocky" but I guess that's becuase I'm in 'outside' mode and it doesn't seem like you're able to choose any other mode in the demo version. Or do I need both W&F and Active Camera to get full functionality?

Richard Åsberg

Guest andyman

You can use the cockpitwalk module(it doesn't work well with others. aka active camera,f1view). The walk and follow modes work fine with active camera.

OK, and the cockpit module gives me the same functionality as Active Camera does which means I won't need Active Camera anymore if I buy W&F?Wonder why they didn't enable the cockpit module in the demo. I mean...it's locked to UUEE anyway and it feels a bit odd to evaluate just one half of a product...

Richard Åsberg