Sign in to follow this  
popi

Updates for PMDG 747-400/400X now available!

Thanks also to PMDG for this update. As someone who gets little time on the PC with work, boards and other related issues, I look forward to being able to put the "re-load saved state" to work on successive nights.Thanks again, Bruce.

Thanks guys for the great news hopefully it works- I have not downloaded yet, and hopefully that md-11 is absolutely phenomenal.Steven

Hi all,It's only a thought but have you ever installed your FS in an other path ? I did with FSX (C:FSX) and during the install of this update I browsed to this path. The install went perfectly.In the meantime I did two flights with very positive results. My congrats to the PMDG-team. It's a WONDERFULL MACHINE to fly with.Best regards,PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Nameless, Jim, Martin-I'm looking at this right now. Looks like I might have de-selected the 2.00.0030 by accident.I'll let you know when the new version is up, or another fix is in place.Might take a few hours- I'll let you know.Update 0200Z/24MAY: I've replaced the installer with a new one that will now update to Version 2.10.0000 from Version 2.00.0030 for those users who were affected.If you attempted to install the FSX update and were told that the updater wasn't compatible with V2.00.0030, then you should download the updater again and run this new one.This changes nothing with the airplane- it's just an installer switch... If you weren't impacted then you don't need to redownload.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest firehawk44

"I'm looking at this right now. Looks like I might have de-selected the 2.00.0030 by accident.I'll let you know when the new version is up, or another fix is in place.Might take a few hours- I'll let you know."Thanks!! I thought it HAD to be our installation or system setup as others were installing the fix w/o problems. I uninstalled/reinstalled the PMDG747X several times, cleaned the registry, made sure all folders were deleted before reinstalling, cleaned the fsx.cfg, the dll.xml, installed a new page file, reinstalled dotnet, and still no joy. Finally decided to pay the small fee for extended download service and download the whole product again but will still be looking for the updated patch. Thanks again for your support!Best regards,Jim

Good evening RobertThanks very much for your great work, together with your team and the Beta team.What this answer means for all others?Maybe redownload and -reinstall the uptdate or let it with the 2.10 version as your comment it?Thank you very much! Hope you and your team enjoy the weekend anyway.Best regardsMarcel

Guest pakket

Thanks robert, i wait for the outcome of your findings in the updateBest regards, martijn

Dear Robert,I thank you very much for the updates of PMDG 747-400/400X.I have updated both PMDG 747-400 and 400X to compare them.Can't I update the 747-400F to v1.20?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

The 400F update should be included in the FS9 download, it will install if you have the plane.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I wish my experience with the update was as successful as many of you indicate, but my 747-400X is now unusable.Following a successful download and installation of the update, my first attempt noted that no physical movement of the rudder could be seen although the rudder pedals and aircraft responded appropriately. Upon the first takeoff attempt I noted that no speed increase was seen on the PFD. Groundspeed registered but the speed tape never responded. Despite several reboots and tries with other aircraft (all others had no problems), the problem worsened until I have no displays in the cockpit (PFD & ND) and no response to joy stick movements on any control surface.How do I remove this update?Doug

Doug-We saw behavior such as this with early versions of FSX and the 400X, and determined that the problem was caused by one of a couple of issues:1) The user's firewall preventing communication between simconnect (the data center within FSX) and the 400X. 2) The user having a failed installation of simconnect, causing the sim to use an outdated version of simconnect that was still located on the machine. Since the 400X required a more current version- we would see the behavior you described.So I have a bunch of questions that I need answered in order to help you- but I also would like to send you some pretty specific instructions that might help you to correct the problem.Please use the forum messaging system to get me your email address so that I may reach you directly. (don't post your email here in the forum- or you'll wind up getting 10,000 email full of garbage... LOL)When you get in touch- please let me know what version of FSX you are running, and what Service Packs (if any) you have installed, FSX Acceleration, etc...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Dear Ryan,Thank you for your kind advice.I reinstalled 400F v1.01 with 400 v1.1 then reupdated to v1.2.It seems all has gone well.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Thanks PMDG for the nice update for FS9 users!PatAMD Opteron DC 185 @ 3GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 2GB DDR, 7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, WinXP-sp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Robert,May I also add my grateful thanks to you and the Team for your continued support of us FS9 users and your PMDG 747 product. Its service like this that sets you apart from others.Unfortunately, I cannot take advantage of this update. Installation of the update causes FS9 to totally freeze any time that any PMDG aircraft is selected (I have the PMDG 737NG series as well) requiring a heard reset to reboot back to the desktop. I took the precaution of doing a full PC backup before installing the update and I was therefore able to return to the situation I had before the installation of the update. I made three separate downloads of the update to ensure I had no corruption issues and made three separate installs, all resulting in the same situation - FS hard freezes any time a PMDG aircraft is selected. The only thing I have not tried yet is to remove the 737NG series and then attempt the install to see if there is an issue with that.Please do not mis-understand me here.... this is not a moan. I love this aircraft and frankly, I enjoy it anyway because it works, irrespective of the update so I'm very happy. Also, your professionalism and assitance to the userbase here is legendary and is what makes myself and others come to PMDG for the real goods!Thanks again for your sterling support - long may it continue!Have a great weekend,cheers,Lee

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png