Sign in to follow this  
popi

Updates for PMDG 747-400/400X now available!

Thanks PMDG for this update!!

Regards Marc

[EUR VOR RDL 205 DME 15.7]

Guest Tom C.

Thanks to all @ PMDG for this update.Currently 1 and 1/5 hours out from EGLL from KBOS and everything is as it should be and even more.Really looking forward to the MD-11 for the freight haulin'.

Guest SVA121

How would I know if the update is installed? how can I find the version of my Aircraft?Thanks!Mohammed

wow, just when i thought the Queen couldint get any better, she did.great patch guys for an already great aircraft :-)

Robert,I appreciate you quick response. I've sent my E-mail address to you via the private E-mail option but in the mean time I've restored my system to the pre-update configuration and the PMDG 747-400X is back to its old self.I did try the update again with the exact same results. Could the problem be the dual-boot arrangement I have...Windows XP/FS9(with PMDG 737NG) & Vista/FSX(with PMDG 747-400X)?Thanks for a Great Product!Doug

Guest Unforgiven

It appears you have introduced some FMS bugs. I was departing out of EGLL, on the MID3J departure. The controller (VATSIM) cleared me direct XAKAB climb FL170, so I set 17000 in the MCP altitude window and used the LEGS page to go direct to that waypoint.When the plane reached FL170, it continued climbing, ignoring the MCP altitude! Then I got an altitude warning, following by an FMC message "CHECK ALT TGT". The AFS switched to alt HOLD mode and began descending. I reset the MCP alt to FL370 (my cruise altitude) and attempted to re-engage VNAV, but it didn't work. I could select V/S mode or FL CH mode, but not VNAV. I used FL CH mode to continue climbing to FL370 hoping VNAV would come back once I reached cruise altitude.Meanwhile the VNAV speed was stuck at 322kts, which is much too fast of course at high altitude. Pressing the SPD button on the MCP had no effect, I could not alter the speed.Upon reaching FL370 the CDU VNAV page indicated ECON CRZ with an ECON speed of 322kts, which is rediculous. I also still could not select VNAV mode. Since the autothrottle was giving maximum thrust to try to reach that impossible speed I disconnected the autothrottle until I could fix the problem. Setting the speed to .850 on the CDU worked, and when I switched back to ECON later it used the correct ECON speed of .851.I didn't manage to re-engage VNAV mode until I changed the cruise altitude on the CDU, then changed it back to FL370.I don't know if this is how the FMS of the real 747 behaves, but I doubt it. Also this has never happened to me before the update.

Robert,Just completed my first flight EGLL-KJFK, and I can only say at this stage what a fantastic experience it was. Although I have a few queries that I shalln't voice until I have more experience with the new version, I can at present say that the experience has been every bit as good as I had hoped. So all the team's hard work over the months has really been most worthwhile.Many thanks to the whole team,Cheers, RichardPS Already planning my next sector - KJFK-KSFO.PPS Getting 21-45 FPS in 2D, 8-13 FPS in 3D

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest ToMy Li

>Robert,>Just completed my first flight EGLL-KJFK, and I can only say>at this stage what a fantastic experience it was. >>Although I have a few queries that I shalln't voice until I>have more experience with the new version, I can at present>say that the experience has been every bit as good as I had>hoped. So all the team's hard work over the months has really>been most worthwhile.>>Many thanks to the whole team,>Cheers, Richard>>PS Already planning my next sector - KJFK-KSFOMe too for FS9 version (1.20v update)

Guest Mower

>PPS Getting 21-45 FPS in 2D, 8-13 FPS in 3DHeh...you must not be running any 3d party AI traffic add-ons like MyTraffic or Ultimate TrafficX like me. I get ~15 in 2d and less than 10 on the ramp, 30+ in either after TO.A shame really since with all the add-ons in FS9 I was getting 50+ in all.

Guest Mower

Any word on why we now have black smoke trails?Thanx.

I seem to be getting an error that no one else has posted yet on this thread :( Here's what it says:Feature: PMDG 747-400 SimulationComponent: DLLsFile: C:Program FilesPrecision Manuals Development GroupPMDG 747-400/400F for FSXError: The system cannot find the path specified.InstallShield says I have 2.00.031 installed. Anyone got any ideas?William M.P.S. Thanks for Wunala Dreaming :D

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Has anybody who has had problems with the FSX update been running anything other then Vista?

Guest FrancoisH

Some friends reported they had some crashes after long haul flights (6 or more hours). I for myself did not experienced any problem (yet). Any report of this ? It's on FS9 version.

Captains-A few moments ago we have made available the long awaited updates for both the FS9 and FSX versions of the PMDG 747-400.We have posted quite a bit of information on what updates have been made to both platforms, and you can read a recap of both updates here:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/notams.htmlFrom this page you can also link directly to the appropriate download page in order to retrieve the updates you need!To answer a couple of common questions:The PMDG 747-400 update for FS9 will update both your PMDG 747-400 and PMDG 747-400F to VERSION 1.20.The PMDG 747-400 update for FSX will update your PMDG 747-400X to Version 2.10.If you purchase the PMDG 747-400/400F for FS9, or the PMDG 747-400X for FSX after 0001/23MAY08, you will receive the most current version as your download and you do not need to download the updates.Quite a bit of work has gone into these updates- and while there will always be a few outstanding items that aren't addressed, we hope you will enjoy the updates!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com