Sign in to follow this  
Guest james320

Taxi Turns / Nosewheel Steering

Guest james320

I love the PMDG B744 but I do have problems taxiing it, especially making turns.The turning circle seems enormous compared to the real aeroplane, and it seems to need a lot of power to get it moving. Turning corners sees to require even more power. Add more power and it goes too fast, increasing the turning cirecle even further. Reduce power and it comes to a halt mid-turn.Is there a way to dolve this?I have a joystick with a 'twist' yaw-axis which controls the rudder and nosewheel together. Obviously this is inaccurate. Is there a way to separate them? Am planning to buy a CH Yoke and Pedals - perhaps it will be easier with these?

Guest A32X

There is a hacked sim1.dll floating around that improves/decreases the amount of thrust required to taxi and is generally considered to improve all aircraft ground handling.-Paul

Guest james320

Thanks for the info Paul. Do you know if there is any way of getting hold of the (sim1.dll) file you mentioned - and instructions for installing it?