Sign in to follow this  
Guest ha5mvo

fixed flap positions (continued)

Guest ha5mvo

Vangelis wrote:"Dear Michael,There is a complete difference between a visual "feature" targeted towards creating an illusion (like gradual animation of any .mdl parts) and a properly operating feature with significant impact on aircraft flight performance with the professional pilot in mind such as Janov, who will actually know that something is amiss !Hint : Do you think that FS knows that slats ONLY are visually retracted during operation of reverses ?"Dear Vangelis,did you actualy CHECK the file I had mentioned?This is by no means just a visual effect.Hint:If FS limits you...then do it outside FS....;)By the way, while you're at it - take a look at the stabilization and trimming system. I'm sure you'll find it interesting.Also take a look at the "joystick utility" device (either that of the IL62 ot the Tu154B. The latter being a bit more developed)Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you guys SHOULD do it. I fully accept your point about that FS limitation.I just wanted to show that it CAN be overcome.all the best,//Michael

Guest aarskringspier

How about you do it since youre so confident. And please program around every single limitation there is in FS. you said if its limited by FS do it outside; so please fix all hte limitations.

Guest ha5mvo

Randy,I carried the thread over from a previous one, in which I gave Vangelis the links to files that examplify how this, and other limitations can be overcome.Now, please forgive me, but I fail to see the point you are trying to make, can you please explain?//Michael

Guest aarskringspier

my point is no matter what pmdg and the others do there is always someone wanting more more more. its going to get to the point eventually where they no longer find any joy in doing these things and then well be left wondering what happened. flaps that act exactly as their real world counterparts just isnt that big of a deal when held up to the big picture. there are limits to what you can do in fs as well as limits as to what you should psend your time trying to program around in fs. a custom autopilot is worth it; custom flap movement that probably takes an insane amount of time to program well just isnt in a business sense.

Guest ha5mvo

Randy,I'm still not sure where you want to drive this "conversation".we are simply exchanging information....Now where did you see any "demands", or me "wanting" something??!Do you realy think PMDG folks can't learn something new?I believe Vangelis will find the models I was talking about to be very interesting.PMDG have used a similar approach here and there - but not to that extent.//Michael

Dear Michael,A bit of ancient history : The NG caused some trouble/eyebrow raising to (some) simmers when it first appearead by introducing a trim limiter (back in the initial days of FS9 as soon I realised that each joystick click in FS9 sents the trim wheel spinning..). People were asking then why does the trim needle on the pedestal jump back after each click. Other serious developers followed. The same aircraft (the NG) introduced the first true and properly working control wheel steering which surprisinlgy enough (NOT !!), runs with joystick/yoke disconnected (at least that is what FS thinks). In other words it has its own joystick movement interpretation system. So thanks for the heads-up, I am sure you mean extremely well and no animosity at all, but at least in these areas... we've been there, done that and bought the T-Shirt. I hear though that these good people that developed the Tu154B are really really worthy and knowledgable...And may I repeat once more, since I really hate forum bickering, thanks for the suggestions, we all read and learn from all our supporters and/or critiques.Best,Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Guest ha5mvo

hmm...I see...OK, I understand. Thought you guys might find it interesting. after all it does introduce an approach of simulating the dynamics, and manages to solve that limitation you mentioned earlier(yes, I am aware that you guys did something similar on a smaller scale, with the NG).Obviously no animosity whatsoever! ( why should I???!)all the best//Michael