Sign in to follow this  
Guest CHRISH

PMDG B744 PC Freezes after 25 Mins?

Guest CHRISH

Any news on why the PMDG freezes after 25 mins?It doesnt CTD it just freezes.I have scanned the PC for spyware, of which there is none.I am using DXT3 textures.There are no empty texture foldersMaximum GPU temp before crashing is 55 degrees C.Win XPAMD FX 57Nvidia 7800 GTXThanks and Best Wishes,Chris

Guest vilius1

Do you have FS 9.1 update installed?It increases stability a great deal.Yesterday night I flew PMDG 747 for 6 hours from EHAM to UNNT with FS Meteo active and using FSNAV for planning - no problems whatsoever.Any chances you may have buffer overflow due to some add-on scenery?Have you checked the size of your scratch disks?Vilius

Guest CHRISH

Thanks Vilius, yep I have the FS9.1 update installed.Not sure what you mean by Buffer overflow or Scratch disks?Best Wishes,Chris

Guest vilius1

Well, sometimes there are bugs in addon scenery resulting in "eating" of all available RAM. When all RAM is consumed, PC starts to write data to hard disk, to so called paging files (or "scratch disks"). Paging files are created in all partitions. Their size may be automatic or manual. You may check this in Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance Settings -> Advanced -> Virtual memory. Usually it is best to set "system managed size", if it is not the case already. Also, try to fly 747 in the area without any add-on scenery to exclude possible scenery bugs.Vilius

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Any news on why the PMDG freezes after 25 mins?>>It doesnt CTD it just freezes.>>I have scanned the PC for spyware, of which there is none.>I am using DXT3 textures.>There are no empty texture folders>>Maximum GPU temp before crashing is 55 degrees C.>>Win XP>AMD FX 57>Nvidia 7800 GTX>>Thanks and Best Wishes,>ChrisIt has to be a hardware or installation problem. I have flown 12 hr. flights with no problems at all.Your system is much more capable than mine.Perhaps a fresh install of FS9 and the Queen is in order?

Guest brettdonahue

I used to have the same problem but it wasn't limited to PMDG products. Windows would always tell me (after I had to press the power button for a restart) that is was the fault of my video card. What actually solved the problem was buying better quality RAM. I had bought the RAM at a local shop and it was cheap and after a good 6 months of working directly with Microsoft I had the opportunity to try quality RAM and bingo!!! Problem fixed, I was so happy after that cuz there is nothing worse then flying for 5 hours and you turn to final and freeze.Bretthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest CHRISH

Many Thanks Gents, this is a brand new machine I have re-installed FS9 and the Queen twice same problems. When I first installed it it was the only add on in FS9 but it still froze.Best Wishes,Chris