Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul_W

Blue skies make FS2002 insipid what about CFS3 ?? pic

Sorry Peter, I had heard a rumor to that effect, but never saw any information behind it.On the other hand, they are making new Tigers, http://www.tigeraircraft.com/ All in all, I

Guest Paul_W

For FS 2004, all I'm asking for is this...(Photo courtesy of the US Air Force)

Hi JimmiG,I HAVE to agree with you: The weather model in FUIII is unsurpassed by ANY other sim, even to this very day...But then I must also say that MS did a lot of other things right. So hopefully the next release will see a more accurate weather model and increased aircraft take-off realism.I find myself lately spending 99.9% of my sim flying time using FS2K2 which says a lot! (for me at least...)Hennie

Guest DaveKDEN

What you're seeing in many of those screenshots is an early alpha version of CFS-3. No surprise MS is using the scenery engine from FS2002 for now while they continue to work on the newer scenery engine for CFS-3.DaveTake a look;Built with the "Flight Simulator 2002" physics engine, "Combat Flight Simulator 3" furthers Microsoft's reputation for building the best-selling PC-based flight simulators franchise.* Developed by Microsoft, "Combat Flight Simulator 3" puts players in a dynamic 3-D world and features a new advanced graphics engine designed to showcase realistic low-level terrain, ground objects and superbly detailed aircraft during high-speed, down-and-dirty combat missions. "Combat Flight Simulator 3" also updates the franchise with more than 18 realistically rendered World War II aircraft with stunning 3-D cockpits. Combat missions are created dynamically with tactical objectives changing each time the enemy is engaged. Cooperative multiplayer missions and free-for-all dogfights via the Internet and LAN also bring a heightened sense of excitement and challenge to "Combat Flight Simulator 3."

The advert is worded as an advert would be.... "New" as compared to what? Since the last CFS didn't have Autogen, one could use that as the basis for calling it a new engine. That word is amongst the most abused in the industry... :)The posted visuals look much the same as FS2002--and I doubt MS would put visuals out based on a scenery engine which won't be deployed. Still, I have faith that CFS3 will be well received, and even based on the shots in this thread, I can't wait to see it.-John