Sign in to follow this  
A320driver

DH/MDA

IS there a way to get both the DH & MDA to display in the 744? All I ever see is one or the other, and it reads "BARO" or "RADIO". Is this function supported? Did a search and found one post on this issue with no reply. I See on the Virgin Video both the DH & MDA displayed on the PFD and labeled as such. Thanks in advance for your help.Regards,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Thats a good question Joe!I didnt know you could display them at the same time.Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Joe,To my knowledge this is not possible with the PMDG 744. Maybe what you saw is an option. I don't understand how this would be feasible without rebuilding the EFIS control panel though. As it is now you have the knob choosing either RADIO or BARO. What would the EFIS control panel that could show both look like?Hope it helps,

It works like this: The DH is always shown no matter wat the EFIS DH/BARO switch is in. To set the BARO you have to switch to BARO and it pops up

Hi Mats,Did not get a good look at the EFIS control knob(s) for the minimums on the Virgin video. On the PFD however, above the radio altimeter readout "DH 200" was displayed. Lower, on the same side, "210 MDA" was displayed. I looked thru the manual and found this exact thing shown on page 7-12. Only difference is the "MDA" is on top in the manual. After finding it in the manual, thought it might be part of the system, just had not figured out how to get it to display that way.Thanks,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Ramon,Never see a "DH" readout anywhere on my PFD. Only "radio" or "baro" whichever one the knob is on. Possible problem with my system or 747-400 installation?Thanks,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Joe-When I first read your email, I thought "what is this guy goofing up? Of COURSE you can display both- you just dial DH in with the selector set to RADIO and then switch to BARO and dial in the MDA."Then I thought: "Lemme go see what he's goofing up..."I see it.... ;-)Apparently we have some conflicting information on where DH/MDA are supposed to display on the PFD- so they are being put in the same place.... I'm checking through my books and it appears that DH should be top right corner above the ADI...opposite position from MDA on the bottom...I'll pass that along to Lefteris and see if we can't get that straightened out....I'm not sure where our information came from on that- as we're using a number of different docs to flesh out the avionics....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

We understand that problem. But Is it not possible to have both the MDA and DH shown at the same time on the PFD. That's the exact question Joe is asking.

Ramon,That photo shows just what I am talking about. Never able to get that set up: "DH" & "MDA" top and bottom. Glad to see PMDG is looking into it and may get it resolved. Just one more step to near perfection for this aircraft! Thanks to all for your input.Regards,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Hi Joe-this was indeed a case of "too many manuals / too few brain cells". I musta had some dain bramage the day I was coding the Radio / Baro minimums displays.As such, I overhauled the code (cleaned it up a bit as well) and made sure that Radio Altitude (and minimums) show on top right and Baro Mins show on bottom right. (We don't have DH/MDA EFIS knobs - we modeled the Radio/Baro EFIS knobs instead - same thing, really).If I get some free time, I might throw in the Round Radio Alt display as well as a bonus ;-). (I have the code lying around somewhere too, but I just have to adjust/adapt it).Meanwhile, I am keeping busy - look for some interesting news on interfacing with some exciting new hardware coming out from Engravity, soon! :-) (I don't want to spoil the press release, so I won't say anything else).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thank you indeed sir!:-) Armen at EGLLwww.veryquiet.com

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer