Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexhn

PMDG 744ER?

Guest alexhn

I asked a 744ER a while ago, and was told that it was not out of the question, but wasn't being seriously considered. Anyway, are PMDG considering making a 744ER at this point? I would love it if you guys are ___________Alex

My intuition is telling me that it won't happen. To fly extra 410 miles more or to carry 15,000 lbs more cargo? What is the point of it in simulation? And they would have to re-crunch all the performance numbers, all FMC entries, VNAV, weights, etc (to be faithful to the PMDG quality). The end effect is simply disproportionally tiny comparing to the invested effort. Again, my $0.02 only.Michael J.

Guest alexhn

Well for starters, one of QANTAS' most profitable routes, YMML-KLAX, is operated exclusively by the 74ER... I know it would involve a substantial amount of effort, but i for one would love to see it done, and i am sure others would too.__________Alex

The freighter add-on is a small audience compared to their overall sales I would imagine, the ER crowd is even smaller. They are hard at work on the patch and the F version, plus the MD-11 down the road, and possible an update to the NG? Maybe the BBJ finally? I doubt they would spend that much time, a lot of the ER changes have to do with the systems, and that takes a ton of testing hours