Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Please Help With The GPS and Course Selecting

Hi!In FS2000, once you had a GPS flightplan loaded, and your GPS/NAV selector was set to GPS, an arrow on your HSI would point to your next waypoint... All you would have to do is line it straight-up, and catch any drift left or right.It was easy to do this without the autopilot too... Go after the drift and make sure the arrow is completely vertical. Right?Well on FS2002... I just can't seem to do that!Here's the problems with FS2002 >>>#1. When a flight plan is loaded, and the selector is set to GPS, I can still change the HSI arrow by changing the course selector! I shouldn't be able to do that right? WHAT IS SUPPOSED to point me in the direction of my next waypoint?? * I mean, YES, I know the autopilot will fly to the waypoint manually if I select the NAV button... But what happens if I DO NOT want to use the autopilot!? :) *Thanx a lot for any help you guyz can give me in advance,Seeya later, SunKharey

Same here.Looks like it got busted in FS202Brian

Well, you see, the only problem is the needle doesn't turn, but onl the CDI is moving. So you'll have to select the course manually (GPS window, have a look on the MODE page). Otherwise it's getting confusing when the needle is always pointing into the same (wrong) direction...

Guest JeanLuc_

Coyote Avionics Design (Ike H. Slack) is about to release a great rendition of the Sandel EHSI. It has an AUTO sync for setting the course to the GPS desired track! There is a picture here: www.reality-xp.com/main.htmlHope it helps!

#1. "When a flight plan is loaded, and the selector is set to GPS, I can still change the HSI arrow by changing the course selector! I shouldn't be able to do that right? WHAT IS SUPPOSED to point me in the direction of my next waypoint?? "Yes you can-the hsi course selector is mechanical-you can change the arrow any time by moving the course selector. The center bar that moves left and right will always move to show whether you are left or right of course-since you are using the gps the direction the arrow is pointed doesn't matter-that is for when using the vor. The same when flying an ils approach-you could have the arrow pointing a completely different direction than the final approach course (not recommended as it is confusing)-the deviation indicator would still show correctly if you are to the left or right of the localizer.The arrow is used to select a radial of a vor.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif