Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

Statement / Questions...

Guest Astrojet 112

As a MAC / X-Plane user for many years, I finally decided to buy a PC and FS2K2. The experience has been GREAT so far. :) I have also really enjoyed and appreciated the helpfulness and good nature of everyone on this forum. So can anyone tell me where to find the FS2K2 .cfg file and how to modify it? Also, is FS2K2 Direct X or Open GL? I am using a GF4MX and the Direct X mod options seem very limited.Thanks,Astro

Guest SoarPics

Hi Astro,Welcome to the world of MSFS2K2.The FS2002.cfg is in the main FS2002 folder, and can be edited using Notepad (back-up first). FS2K2 is DirectX (had to be... both products are after all Microsoft). And, yes, your video card is somewhat limited within this sim. I suggest you do a search of it here in this forum, and the PC/Hardware Forum. You might find some tweaks that will be useful.Regards,

the .cfg is in the file of whatever aircraft you want it for. look in the "aircraft" folder in your FS2002 directory & the file named "aircraft" inside the folder of the aircraft you want to see the cfg for. Open w/ and modify w/ notepad. FS2002 is Direct X.The whole .cfg explaination I put is a little confusing. Maybe someone could explain it better. I just don't know how to word it. :)

SoarPics, you beat me to it! :) when I posted there was no reply. ;)

Guest SoarPics

<"SoarPics, you beat me to it!"So, I WON??? I WON???OK, and my prize is?No Prize? Jeez, just my luck to win a race with no prize. :-lol A virtual one to all who placed :-beerchug (ya can't say I'm not a gracious winner)Cheers,

Guest Astrojet 112

Thanks Guys,Do any of you know what kind of performance / visual improvement I would get in upgrading from a GF4MX to a GF4TI4600?Thanks,Astro

Hugh difference. Like night and day. Another option that'd be less expensive would be a GF3Ti500. What processor do you have?? How much ram???

Guest Astrojet 112

P4 2.2 500DDRI am using the PSS Airbus and things can be a little jerky sometimes.Would the G4TI4600 smooth it out?Thanks,Astro

In short, yes. I think it'd probably smooth it out considerably. In most other respects, that seems to be a kick-booty system you've got. It should have no problem running FS2002.-Bill Womack

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit