Sign in to follow this  
Guest simsonic

737NG-Wingviews in VC

Guest simsonic

Hi everyone,Just want to ask why there are no wingviews in the VC of the 737 NG?Please do post an answer if you have a solution how to add wingviews to the VC.Regards, Simon

Hi Simon,I guess you could use a program called Walk & Follow to get wing views when using the VC model. There's a free demo, why don't you give it a shot and see if it works and if you're pleased with the result...then you can spend some money on the product.Best,

Richard Åsberg

Simon,There are free ving views in the AVSIM library. I don't use them but do a search either here or in the library and I'm sure you'll find it.Hope it helps,

Simon,Mats are right there are wing viws in AVSIM's file library but I'm not sure if they work with the VC model of the a/c. I made some wing views myself for the 2D panel that you should be able to find in the library - do an advanced search and search for my name (Richard

Richard Åsberg

Guest simsonic

Hi,you missunderstood my request of wingviews, I searched in AVSIM library but only found wingviews for the 2D panel. Now this isn

I have AC and I tried getting well working wing views using it but didn't succeed and I remember there was lots of discussion on this topic at the release of the 747 and the solution was to buy W & F since some functionality in AC was missing to get the wing views and that an upcoming update to AC would fix this. Haven't heard anything about that update since then though or maybe it's this preset that in fact is that "update"...?I'll give it another try, would be very pleased if I didn't have to buy W & F just to get the wing views and still wish the wing views were a selectable option in the 747 product itself.Best,

Richard Åsberg

Hi Peter,Did some experimenting with wing views in AC tonight again and I have two problems:1. When accessing the wing views after defining the preset views for them I have an annoying "flickering" where parts of the virtual cabin shows up for a split second and then vanish again.2. Can only access the wing views when on the ground since it doesn't seem to work to use the 'External pilot view' when airborne.Did you actually manage to define working wing views for the 747 using AC and if so, how did you do and how do you access the wing views? Would appreciate a "dummy guide" since I obviously have big trouble getting this to work ;-)Best regards,

Richard Åsberg

Sorry Peter, should have paid better attention to the subject line...just noticed we're talking about the 737 here...so forget my previous reply...that is if you don't happen to have a working wing views solution for the 747 as well of course ;-)

Richard Åsberg

Guest ciropv

Hi Vin.I understand what you say about resources, although VC+Cabin +Wingviews consume more resources than VC+wingviews.Some of us find the wing views really nice, as the VC, although dont own a so powerfull system to make cabin necesary. (In fact, i have problems with the VC+Cabin using FS Instant Replay option)I know all this is modeled in the mdl files, and that they are not editable by us, so what we are really asking PMDG is:Can you please release a mdl file wich should be the same as the VC+Cabin(+WingViews), deleting all the cabin (so we have VC + Wingviews). I can remake the aircraft.cfg myself.Thanks a lot,Ciro>Wingviews are not offered in the VC to preserve resources. >You can see wing views from the 2D-only model, or from the>VC+Cabin model.>>>Best,>>Vin Scimone>PMDG>www.precisionmanuals.com>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg