Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrea

PMDG 747-400 Operating Manual

Guest Andrea

Dear PMDG,with the upcoming 747-400 1.03 patch release is planned a revision of the existing PMDG 747-400 Operating Manual too?Andrea

Guest Andrea

Dear PMDG team,nevertheless the question is very simple to be answered: is planned a revision of the existing PMDG 747-400 Operating Manual? It is enough to answer "yes" or "no" or, if it is too toilsome, "Y" or "N".Andrea

Hmmm, is that with or without the " " marks cause...On a serious note I am looking into purchasing this bird as it seems to be highly regarded by simmers.I usually look at the manuals to get an idea of the functionality of the aircraft, and like I did with the LvL D bird read through them to decide whether or not the aircraft is for me. If it is alls I do is purchase the bird and fly away :-)The issue I'm faced with here is that with the new functions you've detailed in the above service pack will there be any major changes to the current manual/procedures or is it mainly algorithm changes?I certainly don't want to read 360 pages and then find out a third of it has changed.Hope you can help.RegardsJeremy

Guest Andrea

In fact I'm going to print (in colour) and rebind a copy of the PMDG 747-400 Operating Manual but wouldn't be obliged to redo everything in a short time... currently it is 382 pages!!!Andrea

Guest Foizman

is there an answer from PMDG available or another forum where this has been discussed?greets,Volker

You don't need PMDG to answer this question. Ok, I am going to use my own head (and my relatively average IQ) and see how far I will be from the truth ...Compare the list of the fixes with what is in the manual and it is pretty obvious that manual will need no change.The only potential need for a change would be if the tweaking of the fuel prediction logic required change to the fuel burn planning tables.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest Andrea

It wasn't so arduous for PMDG to answer to a so simple question. It was enough to answer "yes" or "no" or, if it was too toilsome, "Y" or "N".Andrea

Guest Panther13

>You don't need PMDG to answer this question. It isn't asked too much from PMDG to answer this simple question.>Compare the list of the fixes with what is in the manual and>it is pretty obvious that manual will need no change.This proves that it is necessary to have an answer to the question - it is absolutely obvious that the manual will need changes. To prove this, simply read through the preliminary feature list posted in this forum and think about what the changes mean: There are many new and changed features in the feature list which are not documented up to now. How should users know how to use them correctly if they aren't documented?Hope PMDG will answer the question. This can truly be expected from a company which is justifyably proud of their excellent customer support.RegardMartin

>You don't need PMDG to answer this question. >>Ok, I am going to use my own head (and my relatively average>IQ) and see how far I will be from the truth ...There always has to be one of these...It was a genuine question and one not too stupid I thought given the changes.But thank you for your contribution... very helpful.Jeremy

I think even the fuel planning tables are out of whack. For some reason, the TAS/IAS values at their correspondent flight levels do not seem to be the same as their true life counterparts.For example at FL350 at optimum weight the book says you should fly at .86 Mach and that at ISA this should equate to 476 true while actuallly when calculating and looking at graphs this should be almost 500 knots. This will affect how someone plans for fuel or when checking for correct flows and power settings.They don't need to issue a new mannual. I remember WAAAAY back before MR. Randazzo went over to FLY! they made .air files to update existing aircraft. You would get a manual and the idea was to issue updates every once in a while. This is how it's done in real life. Issue only the pages that need updating and let people insert the pages. Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Guest Panther13

> Issue only the pages that need updating and>let people insert the pages. Very good idea ... this would be cost-efficient for both PMDG (not much editing) and customers (no excessive printer consumption).Martin

Gosh, sounds like change 1 to me. Is that why they have that neato change page in the manual? ;)

Was just about to say that, if my memory serves me right that's how it was done with the 737 - the sections of the doc that was updated was marked so and I belive and have no reason to doubt that's how PMDG will do this time as well.

Richard Åsberg