Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG and Engravity Team up on FMC hardware!

Captains-Engravity and Precision Manuals Development Group are collaborating to enhance realism for the serious Flight Simmer.Engravity, a manufacturer of high quality FMC/CDU hardware components for flight simulator users will shortly offer a 747-400 CDU model alongside the already successful 737CDU released during Summer, 2005.Working in concert with Engravity, PMDG, the recognized and award winning airliner simulation developers are producing the software interface that will make Engravity

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert,This is a major step to give the world of cockpit builders the opportunity to have their "real world" and sometimes highly detailed cockpit environment combined with an excellent flightmodel and correct aircraft type specific logic's. We missed this link badly.Many many thanks to both of you and your team. Really hope the rest of the interfacing progress will come as well.B. RegardsMichel

the captain and center etc versions that are out now, is only the frame, can we exprect a full fuctional version with everything that one needs (lcds, knobs, wires...) included ?

hi can you guys do the same for GoFlight modules.i would gladly pay for it. There are a lot of users of GoFlight modules, i am pretty sure they would too.thanksBo

Bo Klop

Guest jjborges

>hi >can you guys do the same for GoFlight modules.>i would gladly pay for it. There are a lot of users of>GoFlight modules, i am pretty sure they would too.>thanks>BoSame here.Best regards, Jose Borges

Rob - this is very promising for us cockpit builders. Any chance of getting the FMC to work with the FlightDeck Simulations CDU? I own their B737NG CDU and am eager to intergrate the PMDG software with the FDS hardware.Regards,Bob

Gents-You'll notice that whenever we announce compatibility with hardware modules, the hardware manufacturer has already sent us test hardware to use for such interfacing.GoFlight has never indicated that they're interested in sending us hardware testbeds. If/when they do, we'll consider the work required and decide at the time.Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hi,Very interesting post, but I do have some questions. As I understand it, PMDG will only sell the connecting software, not a whole pack consisting of the CDU+software? Will each PMDG plane be a different connecting software pack, meaning do you need to buy one for the 737, one for the 747, etc... Will users who already own the 737 CDU from Engravity be able to use their version with the PMDG747 aswell ?Good work guys!!

Tom-each add-on aircraft requires its own interface (one for the 737, one for the 747, etc.) - we haven't completely determined the pricing structure, but I am thinking there might be a discount if you purchase more than one interface module at a time... this has YET to be determined, though, and will depend on the final pricing structure.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris,Thank you for the reply.So PMDG will only sell the software? not in a combo-pack?Another (thorny) question: will it be possible to lay under the Christmas tree?

Guest 737guy

>the captain and center etc versions that are out now, is only>the frame, can we exprect a full fuctional version with>everything that one needs (lcds, knobs, wires...) included ?The kits for sale now on 737cocpit are merely for cockpit builders.To get things clear: it is not just frames. Its an MDF framework with ALL engraved backlightable panels, knobs and decals for a complete flightdeck. You can use any interface solutions of your choice ie. opencockpits, phidgets, FDT, etc. Im sure they can supply you with a fully build unit. But at an aditional cost.BUT THATS NOT WHAT THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT. The topic here is the compatibility with the fully PLUG & PLAY CDU from engravity/737cockpit.com. Cant wait to use my 737 cdu with the PMDG 737

Guest 737guy

>Rob - this is very promising for us cockpit builders. Any>chance of getting the FMC to work with the FlightDeck>Simulations CDU? >>I own their B737NG CDU and am eager to intergrate the PMDG>software with the FDS hardware.>Do you mean flightdeck solutions ?Their cdu is merely a usb keyboard interface. Unlike the Engravity CDU which is fully programmable through a SDK. I know nothing about the PMDG plans, but it seems to me it would be much harder to integrate a simple keyboard encoder because all those keys allready have a function withing the standard FS.

The truth is out there Joe, use the Internet! So at the Engravity site it says a list price of 1,299 euros inc VAT. Just a question of how many you should buy! ;)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------