Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Why doesn't speed reduce after autolanding?

Guest cliffie1931

On previous flights landing on Autoland was no problem. I'd hit F2 and the speed would reduce until 80 kts when I'd hit F1 to cancel reverse thrust.Now however the aircraft wants to take off rather than settle on the runway as the speed doesn't reduce.I've tried hitting "A", I've tried the Disengage switch, I've tried putting all Auto switches off.How do I deal with the problem please?Cliff

Do you pull back the throttles to idle and disengage autothrust before engaging the reversers?

Cliff,We received reports of this happening on the odd occasion from a number of virtual pilots. We took appropriate action to make life easier and remove this difficulty in the upcoming Service Update. Best,VangelisPS. Incidentally when reverses are pulled the autothrottle system autmatically switches to ARM condition (null mode) but remains connected.===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Guest cliffie1931

No. But I've just tried a landing and closed the Auto throttle on touch down and that did the trick.You may have noticed that PMDG also replied with the information that the new update will solve the problemNow THAT'S what I call service!Thanks.Regards,Cliff

Oh no. Not at all. Less realistic ? You must be joking. We might as well close the shop if we start doing things like this.We just take care of throttle miscalibration/joystick issues :) Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group