Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Altimeter goes wild in flight

Hello.I live in Venezuela, and of course I like to fly within the country. The problem that happens a lot, at least in the Venezuela scenery of the FS 2002, is that in some point of the game the altimeter starts to go wild, the altitude showed starts to increase or decrease without any reason (the aircraft is leveled). Of couse this has consequences in the ATC, who starts to tell me to get back to the required altitude, until my IFR plan is cancelled.Even the AI traffic is affected, and the ATC cancel all the IFR plans. The Barometric Pressure goes wild too, cuz the info retrived from the ATC when the first contact is made can be as crazy as 17.80 (not 29.92 or 30.03 or so).What could that be?. There's something that can be made?.Thanks.Pedro.

You're not alone. This has happened to me twice, and if I remember correctly, it only happens when using real weather at certain locations. Don't know of a fix. Sorry

Guest Lizardo

I can only offer some weather "ideas". That's 30" at sea level. At 5,000+ feet you'd never see 30". Since mountains compress air (a breeze going over the tops), I would expect fluctuations in the "indicated" altitude.

Dont know if I understood. Are you telling me that the real weather is the main cause of this?. But why happens only in some places?. That would be a problem in all scenery files.Thanks.

It might be a bug... but it happened to me on a real flight a few weeks back while in imc. The altimeter would jump +-300 ft. and the vsi did likewise. Turned out it was moisture in the static system. Perhaps it could be an instrument failure in fs?http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif