Sign in to follow this  
Guest darrenthe747

Aircraft system failures option

Guest darrenthe747

Hello,I apologize in advance if this has been brought up before... first of all I want to say to the PMDG team that your addons for FS are just amazing. I have been spoiled by your products and can never use FS again without your 737 and 747. I was just curious about the system failure thing. Currently it is based on a timed failure or a random failure over a given time period. Is there any way to opt that any system can fail based on statistical probability? When a pilot takes off in a real airplane he has no idea whether or not his right engine might fail, or there might be a pressurization problem. either way the chances are very slim anything might ever go wrong. Is it possible to program the system failures happen based on like a .1% chance any given system might fail on any given flight? just curious...Keep up the great work,Darren

Guest Darren Howie

Interesting idea but it would be hard to do ubless somehow the failure generator new how long you'd be flying.The onlythink i'd like is to have the minimum value reduced to somewhere in the order of once per 24-48 hrs as at the moment on say a 12hr flight you are statistically a certain to have a failure withthe minimum value so high.Darren