Sign in to follow this  
Guest VOZSean

Long Haul Problem

Guest VOZSean

Hi everyone,I did try to research my problem but could not find an answer so I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem before.I have just landing after flying from YSSY (Sydney) to KLAX (Los Angeles) and planned around 167,903KG of fuel. I landed with around 16,900. When taxing in I had number 2, and 3 engines die. (inboard engines). I restarted them ok but when I went to start the APU nothing happened. I had to load 1/3 fuel into it to get it to work. I am obvisouly missing something. Can someone please help me out?Thanks in advance.Sean.Melbourne Australia

Guest VOZSean

Sorry guys, can anyone help out with this problem?Cheers, Sean

Guest neeraj.pendse

Hm ... peculier indeed ... I think I need to read the manual before I can answer that one ... does the APU draw power from only certain tanks?- N

APU is fuelled from no 2 tank - thats why the aft no 2 pump becomes powered during APU start up, but not the forwards one.

Guest VOZSean

just a little more on this,I find when I fly long haul and am taxing in off the runway after a Landing, when I put the flaps up and doing the other "cleanup" activties that number 1 and 4 engines failed on me... I had just over 30 tonne left in the bird toovery very odd.Sean

Guest andyman

The fuel configuration changes when flaps are retracted/extended. It's in the manual. I don't remember which tanks but the engines might not like the "shock" of the change over.

Guest VOZSean

ahhthanks Andy!Sean

>Hi everyone,>>I did try to research my problem but could not find an answer>so I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem before.>>I have just landing after flying from YSSY (Sydney) to KLAX>(Los Angeles) and planned around 167,903KG of fuel. I landed>with around 16,900. When taxing in I had number 2, and 3>engines die. (inboard engines). I restarted them ok but when I>went to start the APU nothing happened. I had to load 1/3 fuel>into it to get it to work. I am obvisouly missing something.>Can someone please help me out?>>Thanks in advance.>>Sean.>Melbourne AustraliaRead this thread from the temporary forum. It fixed it for me when I had this happpen:http://pmdg.forumsplace.com/message-3710.html&highlight=Good luck,John