Sign in to follow this  
Ingo

ADF and VNAV descend path.....

Hi,I have two questions:First question is aimed towards the use of the ADF. How do you work with it? Do pilots have to fill in a frequency on the NAV Comm page on the FMC to make the ADF work or can this be done automatically? Till now I have been using FSNavigator to pick freqencies of NDB

>LOC>was armed, but the plane continued on its VNAV path. You probably meant GS (glideslope) not LOC, right? LOC has nothing to do with VNAV, LOC is horizontal navigation, VNAV is vertical. You could theoretically continue in VNAV while in the LOC mode at the same time (I think!).It is not realistic to transition seamlessly from VNAV to GS around busy airports. When approaching such airports ATC would normally have you step-down through series of steps - you simply could not continue flying in VNAV. This Virgin Atlantic DVD shows this 744 arrival at KSFO - these guys have little chance using VNAV for significant part of their descent and are totally out of VNAV by the time they reach 10000 ft. Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

>Hi Michael,>>thanks for your reply. Of course you