Sign in to follow this  
djgodden

INOP AP

I'm sure I saw something on this but cannot find it now. (I sure miss those old forums... these may be easier on the management but they're a huge step backward for user support.) I cannot get the autopilot to operate on the 747-400. None of the 3 (L/C/R) will egage, no FMC warnings, but the lights for LNAV and VNAV will come on... but nothing happens. Joel "El Guapo" GoddenRetired USN Mustang, LT OPS... just how to you automatically add your signature? I've got it all set up but cannot find a way to tell the forum to automatically include it in all posts.

Joel,The 'old' forums were temporary forums. This is the old forum! As a user I prefer this forum software so I guess to each their own eh?You may search the old forums as they are still up and running. Check the following link http://pmdg.forumsplace.com/Regarding your problem. Have you set everything up correctly? Some screenshots of your overhead could be helpful in trying to solve this problem. The A/P will not engage on the ground however. Minimum engagement altitude is 50 ft for lateral mode and 400 ft for vertical mode if my memory serves me right.Hope it helps,

Well the "old" forums were the "normal" forums to me. I guess I'll just have to muddle through with these... after all, I've got no choice.I tried to engage the auto pilot at 6,000 climbing out from KONT. Nothing happened at all. No indications I had done anything. I'll go get a snap (if I can figure out how) and add it.Oh, the signature thing at the bottom of this is clicked and my sig still didn't attach itself... odd.