Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lucysjohn

Sound Problem

Guest Lucysjohn

Hi, I have only just started using FS and downloaded PMDG 747-400. I have noticed that when using it i get a sound problem - a crackling interferance - even when i move the joystick controls . Is there a fix for this , and does anyone else experience this problem ?.

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Hi, I have only just started using FS and downloaded PMDG>747-400. I have noticed that when using it i get a sound>problem - a crackling interferance - even when i move the>joystick controls . Is there a fix for this , and does anyone>else experience this problem ?.Try moving your sound card to a different PCI slot.Also setting your option button to medium in FS9 may fix it somewhat.

I get this too. It may be part of the sound fixes they have coming up in the update here shortly. If you turn some of the sounds down in the PMDG options menu, it may help a little bit. It helped my sounds out a bit. Scott Burke

Guest VHOJU

I get this too, with both my sound cards! Hopefully PMDG may fix it someday (in mean time I am using a great freeware soundset), although I'd really love to be able to use PMDG's soundset!

Guest Lucysjohn

Hello , thanks for your replies . Vin if its a fault with my sound card or drivers how come my other flight sims ie - X plane and Level D 767 work perfectly . I have no interferance on sound with them .:-hmmm

NamelessHave you updated your Sounds drivers as requested? Please update the drivers and if you continue to have trouble send me a note at support@precisionmanuals.comWe have had several users who reported this problem to me at support, all of them were corected by updating to the proper sound drivers.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Babubhai

I have this issue too. I have updated my sound drivers too.Surely all of us cant have faulty sound cards.My sound card has never given me any issues with other addons.

Guest Lucysjohn

Hi , I have just up-dated my sound card driver ( Audigy 4 Pro ) . I ran FS with my PMDG 747 , but the "crackling noise" is still there . I have turned down my sounds in the "options " but its still as bad .

Guest jrowsell

>Nameless>>Have you updated your Sounds drivers as requested? >>Please update the drivers and if you continue to have trouble>send me a note at support@precisionmanuals.com>>We have had several users who reported this problem to me at>support, all of them were corected by updating to the proper>sound drivers.I have the same problem as well. It is a pain. I get it mostly in the spot view and when moving the view around with the hat on my ch pro usb yoke. I've updated my system to the latest drivers for sound and video. In fact I just got a new video card the other day and did a complete OS re-install and still the same deal. Only happens on the Queen, my 737NG, B1900C and level-d 767 are fine with NO problems at all. I get crackling sounds only on the Queen.Here are some of my system specs:Audio: Using a Asus P4P800S motherboard with a 3.0Gig P4 CPU with SoundMax integrated audio. I got the latest driver that asus has from there web site. v.5.12.1.3665 (8/29/2003) I can't seem to find anything newer then that.Video: ATI All in Wonder X800XL using latest Catalyst.CH Products USB Yoke and Pro Pedals USB.If there is a driver you can point me to I'd gladly try it out and see if it works. But I find it strange that the NG and other addons don't experience this.Regards,Jeff

Guest andyman

I have this problem too. I have a Creative soundblaster live 5.1 with update drivers. the cracking is very subtle and it only happens with certain soundsets, especially the 747.If i take the card out and revert to onboard sound, there is no crackle, so it may be creative or whoever's fault.

Guest Babubhai

I also have an Asus P4P800 motherboard with SoundMax integrated audio and the latest drivers from their web site v5.12.1.3665

Guest Lucysjohn

It seems this sound problem ( crackling) is either caused with Ati sound cards or maybe Asus motherboards . Do any 747-400 users have Ati cards and they have no sound issues ?:-hmmm

I have this problem, Audigy 4 Pro, and an Epox motherboard. I have the latest drivers, the only thing that has seemed to fix it, but not sure if the quality goes down, is in dxdiag I changed sound acceleration to basic.

Guest aarskringspier

I dont have any sound issues on my other machine running an ATI card and a Audigy 2Z