Sign in to follow this  
Guest AirRyan

PMDG 747-800?!

Guest AirRyan

Now that Boeing has made the new 747-800 official perhaps PMDG might begin working on it after the 744F?I was reading where the newer/modern flightdeck will already be rendered in the 744F and since Boeing has said that this will be the new flightdeck for the 748, all PMDG has to do is come up with a new model with a slightly longer fuselage, and a new wing and engines. Unlike with what the case was with the 787, the 748 aesthetics are all but final (new wing and GEnx engines, and a slightly longer fuselage,) it appears it would be a great opportunity to explore the new 747! I think Boeing has been pretty vocal on what they claim in performance and fuel efficiency, so hopefully that would be at least doable.Of course we'd have to add in liveries that have not even been announced yet, but I think those like BA, LH, AF, NW, UA, and CX to just name a few are all eventually going to be opertating the new 748's and thereby will be plenty of cool new liveries to render.Just a thought but I'd be surprised to hear that no one at PMDG hasn't already begun exploring this idea?!RyanKAUS/KCLL/KMSP Semper Fi

Guest Marc Harrington

Traditionally PMDG has based all aerodynamic performance, systems behavior and flight instrumentation on real data provided by Boeing. This kind of data will not be available for the 747-8 until after it has flown for the first time, which is still some years away. As such, there are no plans for the -8 at this point in time. If this changes, we will of course announce it here.Sincerely,

Guest alexhn

The 747-8 won't be too much different from the 744 (flightdeck-wise), well, almost exactly the same in my opinion. Reading through the site it is established that the flightdeck will remain almost the same as the 744, and a replica of the 787 and new 777 to maintain continuity, therefore airliners spend less training their crew for this new aircraft.The main innovations are in range, fuel efficiency and capacity i think.

Guest Marc Harrington

Regardless of the similar cockpit, we would still have to make up the performance data. And as you know, we are not ones to do that...

>The 747-8 won't be too much different from the 744> (flightdeck-wise), well, almost exactly the same in my>opinion. I suggest you take a good look at 744-8's flight deck. There are changes over the latest 744F. 747-8's extra features on its displays (like the vertical mode) is probably not something that PMDG could easily "tweak". I also see changes on the pedestal and some new pages on their ND.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest alexhn

Oh i am not in any way suggesting that PMDG make such a plane. I was simply correcting the first poster who seemed to be stating that it was an entirely different cockpit, when in reality, it isnt...

>I was simply correcting the first poster who seemed to>be stating that it was an entirely different cockpit, when in>reality, it isnt...Well, Ryan in his first post (when you read it carefully!) is saying that 744F's and 747-800's cockpits will be identical. That was his main claim - identical cockpits so the rest will take no time ;)Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg